Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
- Mentoring engineers
- Working with like-minded people who are passionate about our mission
- Working with the latest open source technologies
- Setting a technical bar for the team through code reviews and architecture design reviews
- Working across teams with Product, Design, and Engineering to create an integrated solution
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- Experience working in React and Redux
- Backend service experience in multiple, managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL datastores
- Good Linux/Unix/Mac experience
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.