Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Seattle, WA
- You are a Staff Backend Software Engineer with experience building large-scale software applications. You have deep interest in backend technologies. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to revolutionize criminal justice and create better outcomes for everyone involved. At Axon you’ll help prosecutors and public defenders better manage tremendous workloads. You will help ease the pain of both victims and the accused by ensuring justice is administered fairly and efficiently. And you will create tremendous benefits communities as a whole by improving this critical system for society.
- Lead architectural decisions for new product initiatives
- Collaborate with members of engineering, product management and design
- Mentor engineers in the team and across the broader engineering organization
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience building complex and impactful software in a team environment
- Backend service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Strong experience with database, especially SQL and Cassandra
- Deep skill and enthusiasm in driving technical solutions across multiple teams
- You influence your peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members
Preferred Qualifications: [These are the nice to have skill sets or qualifications and would not impede the team from hiring a candidate]
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- You write beautiful, simple, maintainable APIs for web applications
- Able to work side by side with product managers and other engineers to create a technical backlog to build product experiences that customers love
- You are passionate about quality design, code, tools and architectures
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.