About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business.
We currently manage a data stack consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, dbt, Google Cloud BigQuery and Looker, and are in the process of migrating to a world class platform consisting of a master data lake and a central orchestration system. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth.
Our work spans BI dashboards for business and exec. users, ML models for retention forecasting, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers. We are looking for a curious, collaborative, and high-output data pro to join our team.
About the Role:
In this high-impact role, you’ll be a technical and business partner to Product, working across Product and Engineering to build data infrastructure, process and data products that help AlphaSense scale.
You’ll be responsible for delivering data and insights that inform product and content strategy and business decisions. You’ll also take a lead role in designing tracking/infrastructure improvements and partnering with Engineering to implement.
Who You Are:
- Passionate About Data: You are an expert in SQL and a proven track record coding with at least one programming language (Python, Spark, Java, etc.), have extensive knowledge about data warehouse modeling & data migration protocols, and have a passion for the ‘modern data stack’ (ie: ingest and transformation tools, cloud based DWH and BI). You are a out-of-the box thinker who is continually on the lookout for opportunities to improve and innovate data platforms and analytic solutions
- Growth oriented: You thrive in fast paced environments, have a ‘whatever it takes’ mentality and are eager to help us scale our business.
- Collaborative: You are a collaborative connector who builds bridges between teams and functions
- Experience transforming data in modeling tools such as dbt, Dataform, and working with a cloud-based data warehouse (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
- 8+ years Experience in building end-to-end data warehouse solutions
- Experience with both batch and real-time data processing as well as API platforms
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL database, Databricks etc)
- You possess a deep curiosity and tenacity to understand data and business questions
What You’ll Do:
- Conceptualize, architect, and communicate Data Platform architecture and roadmap
- Designs, implements, and maintains a connected data platform to drive key business decisions
- Advocate and educate engineering team memes on data modeling rules, standards, and best practices
- Ensuring data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including data collection, transformation, and analyzing
- Guiding critical technical decisions by highlighting opportunities, identifying correlations, defining experiments, and figuring out cause and effect relationships
- Communicate with business/technical partners, software vendors, and internal departments
- Responsible for the overall standardizations of Data Engineering processes, identify areas of improvement in the existing platform, and recommend adoption roadmaps
- Actively participate with the Analytics and Data Science teams to build analytics solutions to extract insights from data for business users
- Mentor junior engineers, analysts, and project managers to implement best practices and well-architected infrastructure
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.