Location: New York, NY (other locations considered)
Reports to: Chief Content Officer
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Content team is responsible for identifying, creating, licensing and integrating best-in-class unstructured and structured data that is both self-sourced and from third party content providers. The team reports to the Chief Content Officer and has strategy, product management and support responsibilities for each Content vertical. We have been experiencing a rapid growth cycle across all content sets. We value and uphold transparency, trust and accountability in our relationships within the team and with internal and external stakeholders.
About the Role:
The Strategic Partnership Manager candidate we seek has a passion for various types of structured and unstructured Financial & Industry Content, while understanding the workflows of the consumers: buy-side/sell-side, investment banking, PE/VC, corporates, consulting, and other client types. This individual strives to deeply understand what content matters to these users and delivers on new content and related partnerships to meet those needs.
Who You Are:
- Experience in financial services at a content vendor and/or client with specific focus on financial and industry content required.
- Solid existing relationships with and knowledge of a variety of content providers.
- Strong experience with commercial and contractual negotiation with content vendors, including ability to creatively navigate through complex commercial terms and blockers to result in mutually agreeable and beneficial terms for all parties.
- Effective communication skills working with internal colleagues and external vendor contacts at all levels
- Subject-matter expertise with content feeds, metadata, assorted document and data delivery types a plus.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams and partners in different time zones
- Strong analytical skills and outstanding attention to detail
- A superior ability to set priorities, stay focused and meet deadlines
- Solid Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Google Sheets/Google Docs/Google Slides experience
- B2B SaaS and/or enterprise software application company experience
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and maintain strong new and ongoing relationships with key decision makers, product and technology teams at content vendor firms.
- Prospect for new potential content sources and partners, creating and maintaining a constant pipeline of opportunities.
- Introduce ideas for new content to be considered for integration into the AlphaSense product.
- Negotiate commercial and contractual arrangements with new content vendor partners.
- Manage renewals and renegotiation as necessary with existing vendor partners.
- Assist in project management of partnership initiatives with content providers.
- Analyze other relevant competing products in the market and interact with customers to understand their workflows and pain points, and gather and document actionable feedback.
- In coordination with product managers and other stakeholders, contribute to the successful launch of content into the market, including the creation of announcements, marketing collateral, documentation, user training and internal training.
- Analyze other relevant competing products in the market and interact with customers to understand their workflows and pain points and gather and document actionable feedback
- In coordination with the Content product managers and other stakeholders, contribute to the successful launch of content into the market, including the creation of announcements, marketing collateral, documentation, user training and internal training
- Monitor client usage of content within the AlphaSense products
- Track industry trends and deliver competitive intelligence to better evolve product vision
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.