Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Director, FP&A
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
We are looking for a financial modeling expert to own and update AlphaSense’s financial model as a Financial Analyst. In this role, you will help our executive team make important business decisions by ensuring that our primary financial model is accurate and up-to-date. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a strategic problem solver, with impeccable excel skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work with executive-level stakeholders across the business. You are someone who has the finance skills and confidence to build something from scratch, and who finds that type of challenge more exciting than intimidating. If you have a background in finance, an understanding of SaaS operating models, and you are a dynamic and driven self-starter, this could be a great opportunity for you to jumpstart your career in corporate finance.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in banking, financial analysis, accounting or a related field
- Experience building SaaS or tech company budgets, forecasts, and operating models
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, with impeccable integrity and attention to detail
- Strong communicator; able to parse nuanced data and draw actionable conclusions
- Driven and self-motivated to start and finish projects under tight deadlines
- Exceptional financial modeling skills using excel and/or google sheets
What You’ll Do:
- Own the company’s financial model; work with business leaders and FP&A team to maintain accuracy and implement scalable, automated processes to keep it up to date
- Be the gatekeeper of the financial model and an expert on all inputs, drivers and dependencies
- Lead monthly re-forecasting based on latest actual results and guidance from senior leadership
- Budget and forecast sales, COGS, and all financials inclusive of detailed operating expenses
- Work cross-functionally to enhance, create, and report key performance indicators across the business
- Provide executive-level management with insightful & data-driven recommendations, planning and reporting support
- Weekly tracking of key metrics and updating key models to reflect current trends
- Business and functional level analysis and reporting of actual and forecast spend
- Develop new reports to meet the changing requirements of the business and the needs of company stakeholders
- Participation in ad-hoc projects within FP&A / Strategic Finance and other teams
- Strategic finance support in relation to fundraising, M&A & partnership efforts
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.