AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business. We own and manage the data stack, consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery and Looker. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth. Our work spans BI dashboards for business and executive users, ML models for critical business challenges, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers.
About the Role:
This Data Analyst will be a critical member of the team as we build data models, reporting and dashboards, and deliver deep insights aimed at accelerating the growth of the company on our way toward a successful IPO. This role will partner with various internal stakeholder groups (Product Engineering, AI Research, Content, Sales, Revenue Operations, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to tackle key strategic, operational, and technical initiatives while building systems that will help us scale.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS in Analytics (or a similar discipline), or equivalent experience
- Strong SQL skills required
- Experience working with databases/analytics data warehouses, e.g., BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience building reporting and analysis in BI/visualization software such as Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, Data Studio, etc.
- Experience as a business analyst, data analyst, or in a similar data-focused capacity with a business focus is a plus
- Growth Mindset practitioner - ability and passion to be challenged, fail fast, learn, grow, and apply those lessons to drive business impact
- Demonstrated proficiency at telling a story with data
- Previous industry experience preferred (consulting, bizops, revops, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling tools (LookML, dbt, Dataform) is a plus
- Experience collaborating deeply across an organization to understand department process, needs, and goals, and building custom analysis/reporting to match
- Strong business sense; understanding of the drivers/metrics of SaaS businesses preferred
- Ability to seamlessly switch “altitude” between specific technical questions and broad org-level KPIs/strategies
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the rollout of analytics systems and processes throughout the organization.
- Partner across the organization to design metrics and KPIs, and develop analysis to monitor and understand those KPIs.
- Design and create reports & analysis that drive action. This includes assessing needs and resources, and building deliverables that meet the needs of many types of users.
- Support the “single source of truth” for the organization through creating and maintaining data models for use by other teams and by identifying and correcting data gaps, inconsistencies, etc.
- Collaborate broadly with internal stakeholders to implement new data/analytics reporting and tools
- Support stakeholders in investigating and delivering insights to inform impactful business decisions
- Onboard new technical and business users onto our systems and tools
- Identify opportunities for better tooling, data systems, and process to help improve operations and drive growth.
- Train and educate end-users in our tools and data analysis / business intelligence approaches
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.