About the Company
AlphaSense provides an AI-powered business insights platform, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s financial and market research content, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager in California, the position will be responsible for a variety of accounting activities focused on the order to cash workflow including client contract review, discount and exception approvals, and deal reconciliation. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company, will have direct communications with internal teams in the US and UK and will have a significant opportunity to advance your career as the company scales.
- Approve sales from a compliance/finance perspective: collaborate with the sales ops team and sales reps to ensure agreements meet internal standards
- Approve non-standard invoice and credit memo requests
- Assist sales team with co-term, prorations, other non-standard deals
- Manage revenue & expense subledgers
- Assist with commission calculations, royalties & other internal reporting
- Serve as the escalation and point of contact for questions from internal and external clients
- Take initiative to find resolutions for internal and external customers and follow tasks through to resolution
- Assist with GL reconciliations, monthly close and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Special projects as needed.
- 2+ years of experience in revenue accounting, order to cash, sales operations and/or related field
- Strong customer service skills
- AA or BA in accounting or related field (or commensurate experience)
- Fluent in English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; attention to details and follow through
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience in using accounting software (Sage Intacct a plus, but not required)
- Regular hours will require overlap with colleagues in New York (EST) and California (PST).