AlphaSense provides an AI-powered business insights platform, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s financial and market research content, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
We are seeking a Lead Engineer for the Search Team who wants to make a difference by expanding spectacular world-class AI-powered search engine capabilities, offering the best of FinTech research experience. You will take responsibility for leading the Core Search Technology evolution of our platform with a mission to ensure scalability, stability and extensibility of search at AlphaSense.
As a perfect candidate you have held several development lead and architect roles, and you have a track record of building large scale search systems.
- Higher education degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology is highly desired
- A minimum of five years of experience in software development
- Experience in leading or mentoring distributed development teams considered a plus
- Deep understanding of software architecture concepts including scalability, reliability and modularity
- Experience of building flexible extensible APIs, preferably exposed to GraphQL
- Track-record of promoting product improvements through managing technology initiatives at longer time scales
- Knack at producing flexible and maintainable architecture
- Experience with Java (or Kotlin) and Node.js for server side development;
- Fluent communicator with strong interpersonal skills, and with strong organizational and investigative drive