Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The Power Construction Manager is responsible for all client oversight and coordination of modular installation and site construction activities on the power block section of the facility. His/Her primary responsibility is to ensure that power block construction works are performed according to the fabrication schedules and project documents with special attention to the assigned cost budget, and according to quality & safety procedures and the terms and conditions of all subcontracts. This person will be responsible for coordination and reporting from the power construction group, including reporting on daily, weekly and monthly progress with special attention to schedule impacts identified.
- Review cost estimates, budgets, and work Schedules.
- Interpret and explain technical information to other professionals.
- Report work progress and schedule or budget matters.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other construction specialists.
- Review and ensure coordination is in place with subcontractor activities.
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems.
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Prior to the start of works, review work packages or method statements submitted by the EPC or sub-contractor to ensuring their correct application on the field.
- Ensure the implementation of all the HSE procedures and standards for all activities.
- Directly participate in the HSE activities at site as defined in the Site HSE plan.
- Review all equipment and manpower employed by the EPC and Subcontractor are adequate and that the works conforms to design documents, Safety regulations, and to the Quality requirements.
- Perform inspections and sign the necessary certificates as per ITP’S, Site Inspection Plans, and completions documentation.
- Detect any design errors and engage owners Engineers if need be to make the necessary changes.
- BS in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Management, Piping Engineering, Structural Engineering or commensurate work experience in a construction supervisory role
- 10 or more years of experience in industrial construction of Gas processing plants
- Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) preferred
- Experience working on Client side as representation in the field
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work within a team with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.