Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s three Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The Process Engineering Manager will have significant experience in LNG plant design, process engineering, project execution, and leadership of engineering teams. The Process Engineering Manager will provide technical expertise and lead a team of engineering specialists in the engineering review and approval of EPC design, and equipment specification. They will be responsible for working with other disciplines of engineering and interfacing with EPC consultants and contractors. This position will be temporary in Houston before moving to site just outside of New Orleans, LA.
- Review and Approve plant design drawings, calculations, and specifications from contractors to ensure design is in compliance with established design criteria, requisite standards and codes, and best engineering practices.
- Review and Approve vendor documentation to ensure it meets the requirements of standards, codes and regulations for integration within the project design.
- Review and Approve PFDs, P&IDs, H&MB, equipment and instrument datasheets
- Provide input for regulatory processes including Environmental Assessment and Facilities Permitting.
- Participate in risk assessments, design reviews, HAZOP, etc.
- Provide input on equipment selection and integration; implement best practices for integration of equipment within modularization philosophy.
- Review and Approve Safety System Requirements, including LOPA review and SIL verification.
- Development and review of design philosophies including Process Safeguarding, Isolation, Relief, Blowdown, Flaring and Venting.
- Interface with OSBL design, and ensure full technical integration between design of multiple contractors
- Provide leadership to cross functional teams and work direction to engineers, external contractors.
Skills and Experience
- Travel may be required as necessary to support the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering, or equivalent and min of 15-year experience
- PE license
- Significant experience in the LNG process engineering field, with moderate experience as a Process Engineering Manager.
- Experience in the design and execution of EPC LNG projects.
- A registered Professional Engineer, or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Experience as the Lead Process Engineer executing detailed design of an LNG facility.
- Expertise in the design of Acid Gas Removal, Dehydration, Fractionation, Liquefaction, Compression, Storage and Loading, Flaring and Venting systems for Natural Gas.
- Has led safety reviews / studies, participated in hazard and risk analysis.
- Experience with process design simulations (HYSYS, ProMax, or other)
- Experience with process controls and automation for LNG plant systems
- Has performed, reviewed, and approved calculations including flare system studies, PSV sizing, and boil off gas calculations.
- Experience leading the development of facility configurations, project design basis, LNG technology comparison and selection, and modularization philosophy.
- Experience with cryogenic materials, piping, and equipment design.
- Experience in the development, review, and approval of process and mechanical datasheets for LNG mechanical equipment and driver selection.
- Has led P&ID reviews, and experience participating in HAZOPs and SIL reviews.
- Strong working knowledge of North American and International codes and standards for Natural Gas / LNG plant design, including API, ASME, NFPA, and CSA.
- Demonstrated abilities on complex problem solving, cross-discipline and function coordination, proactive planning and competing priority management.
- Works with commissioning and construction to identify and plan system turn-over requirements to support timely facility start-up.
- Participates in process, safety, design and constructability review program(s).
- Executes work according to the process plan, including the exchange of information and ensuring effective communication and the addressing and tracking of needs, requirements, and issues.
- Interprets the intent and requirements of the basis of design documents; ensures process deliverables meet their requirements
- Controls process work to meet schedule and cost through the efficient work practices.
- Other duties as assigned