A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been expanding rapidly across Europe and the US, with over 60 million meals saved across 15 countries to date.
Combating food waste is one of the most important things we can do to address the climate crisis. For us, it’s simple: the bigger we get, the better placed we’ll be to make a huge difference.
With our current Country Manager taking on a new role within the organisation, we’re looking for a new ‘Chief Waste Warrior’ to join our tribe and support our local team in the Netherlands. You will be leading a team of 50+ Waste Warriors and have an established management team around you, leading the Sales, Success, Marketing and People & Culture functions.
You will drive the market strategy for the Netherlands and run the daily operations. Being an ambitious social impact company, this is about taking our business to the next level, including building a winning team, partnering with both national key accounts and independent store owners and winning the hearts of the consumers through a strong brand.
- As Country Manager, you are responsible to develop and execute the strategy for scaling Too Good To Go in the Netherlands: You will be leading, supporting and challenging the local management team, inspiring people to bring their best.
- You will be the face and voice of Too Good To Go in the Netherlands.
- You will steer the team in the right direction and keep the focus on ambitious growth goals by developing structures and strategies to support the team as it grows.
- You will be the point of contact for the Global Management team and collaborate with the other Country Managers to grow the movement around the world.
- You are the senior point of contact to our peers in the battle against food waste, for example, food banks and NGO's.
- You have the final responsibility to build ambitious quarterly plans & budgets and deliver them together with your management team.
- Beyond scaling our business, you will be a visionary about our mission. Dreaming of a world with no food waste, you will carry on a strategic positioning to truly influence food waste and the overall ecosystem.
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams in a high-growth environment.
- Solid sales/business development experience.
- Experience acquiring and working with Key Accounts/Corporate partners.
- Strong negotiation skills with which you can support your account managers and your Head of Sales.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Dutch.
- Leadership experience: you know how to recruit the best people and develop your existing team, including team leaders.
- You are a first-class communicator and can draw on those skills to set the bar high and influence team members to perform at their absolute best.
- You’re not just dreaming of a world without food waste, but you know how to get there by relying on data, facts and setting ambitious KPIs.
- You are driven and motivated by operational challenges / You are a make-it-happen person who doesn't hesitate to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the long-term business implications and requirements.
- Technology is in your DNA. Experience in Start-ups / Scale-ups is a plus. So is a strong digital background, with a proven record of creating and executing product launches.
- You can prioritize tasks efficiently in order to meet competing deadlines and have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style
- Experience or a network in the food industry is a strong plus.
- Working somewhere where you can have a social and environmental impact is one of your absolute dreams. Sustainability is a great passion of yours and something that shines through in your professional and personal experiences.
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 750+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary package.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
The application process consists of a video call with Talent Acquisition, followed by a case study and a couple of (video) interviews with the COO, the local management team and a final interview with the Global Management Team in Copenhagen.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.