takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Product Manager to join our Supply Chain team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Head of Supply Chain Operations
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Supply Chain (Inbound) to define strategic business requirements for technical products
- Translating business requirements into functional and technical IT user stories and project specifications, by ensuring that projects are broken down into phases to deliver immediate business benefit
- End-to-end project management of technical projects throughout the entire product development lifecycle – setting timelines, driving project schedules, leading cross-functional development teams from design through to release and managing the production launch
- Collaborate with the development team and other engineering colleagues, to answer queries in a timely fashion, and clarify details required for a successful build
- Managing project stakeholder communications to ensure optimal escalation of project risks
- Managing the prioritisation of the WMS engineering team’s tasks
- Ownership of the Inbound Systems and tools
- Continuous system and process improvement including root cause analysis
- Business Requirements Management
- Project Management
- Logical, structured problem solving
- Process orientated and data driven decision making
- Results-driven, strong management skills
- Competency in MS Office packages
- Competency in SC modelling and associated tools a plus
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders at all levels, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill capability to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges
- Goal driven, target orientated, with the ability to step back and look at the bigger picture, you will also be able to manage ambiguity with your sleeves rolled up, able to thrive in a truly innovative and complex business environment
- A proven track record of delivering results, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical understanding
- Strong project management and communication skills – able to effectively manage cross-functional stakeholders (in particular the engineering team) to ensure projects are delivered according to specifications on-time
- Strong commercial acumen – analytical and able to use data to drive decision making
- Highly structured thinker with strong attention to detail
- A flexible and adaptable mind-set
- Solutions orientated, Fast and Efficient
- Focused, yet Fun
- Customer Obsessed
- Relevant tertiary degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or Informatics
- 5+ years’ technical project knowledge and management
- Business analysis or other relevant experience
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.