PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Future Technology Group here at PlayStation collaborates on exciting developments like this!
FTG's Cloud Gaming Platform enabled SONY AI to create SOPHY!
Senior Platform Engineer (Aliso Viejo or Austin)
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Future Technology Group (FTG)
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for a Senior Platform Engineer with experience in modern software delivery who loves crafting efficient, flexible and low friction workflows to build, release and deliver software. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us deliver a unique gaming experience to millions of players!
- Responsible for ArgoCD GitOps solution including development, integration and support.
- Responsible for internal customer feedback for ArgoCD and delivering strong developer experience.
- Experience developing for a multi-tenant, multi-environment global distribution architecture
- Development and Implementation of ready-to-use CI/CD pipelines.
- Integration of external services into CI/CD pipelines and workflows.
- Collaborating closely with the Platform Teams and the Release Engineering Team on release process and automation.
- Identifying and diagnosing issues in pipelines of software development teams
- Demonstrated ability with creating, implementing and executing Software Development Processes.
- Deep knowledge in working with ArgoCD or similar GitOps Continuous Deployment tools.
- Shown proficiency in crafting Gitlab CI or similar Continuous Integration systems.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to support engineers with solving problems in their build, test and release pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud Native Infrastructure
- Experience with Public Cloud Environments (ideally AWS)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer-First Thinking
- Experience with collaboration in a distributed team across multiple timezones
- High energy and driven to positively impact the business
- Being a Contributor to Open Source Software is a plus
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.