PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PixelOpus, creator of the award-winning action-adventure PS4 game Concrete Genie, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative team in crafting an exciting new PlayStation 5 title in collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation. PixelOpus is one of the Global Game Development Studios within the PlayStation Studios family. Located at PlayStation's HQ in San Mateo, CA, this unique innovative studio is looking for a skilled level designer to work on our most ambitious game yet.
Senior Level Designer
We are looking for an experienced Level Designer who’s excited to make an immediate impact on our growing team. Our level designers craft engaging experiences fusing gameplay and narrative, via level setups they take from concept to completion.
- Plan and model simplified geometry environmental layouts, place game objects, and script level progression
- Work with the lead level designer, lead game designer, & creative director to author exciting, emotionally impacting level experiences
- Gather and respond to playtest findings to improve level quality
- Collaborate closely with leadership in design, narrative, art, engineering, production
- Collaborate closely with environment artists and other game designers
- Maintain game design standards and metrics
- Help improve our level workflow and process
- Shipped 2+ console/PC games as a Level Designer (Action Adventure preferred)
- 6+ years working experience in Console Game industry
- Unreal experience including blueprints
- Experience with Maya or another major 3D modeling program
- High quality communication skills, able to convey abstract concepts verbally, and in documentation
- Excellent partnership skills - especially interdepartmental - we foster an inclusive and collaborative work space
- Art background and/or knowledge of architectural principles preferred
- Narrative design and storytelling experience preferred
- Experience designing levels in the action adventure genre preferred
- Experience working with established entertainment IP preferred
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.