RAPP Los Angeles is looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our award-winning Marketing Sciences team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all, and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly, we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning technologists and creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
The Senior Analytics Engineer defines and implements digital analytics solutions in support of the measurement needs of RAPP’s client initiatives. This person will architect, document, and implement a wide-range of analytics solutions including tag management, analytics platform configuration, conventions and taxonomies, and digital media pixel deployment to facilitate the comprehensive tracking of marketing touchpoints. Experience with web analytics software, tag management systems, digital media platforms, and data management concepts is critical in this role. At RAPP, Analytics Enablement exists at the intersection between analytics and technology, as a division of the RAPP Marketing Sciences Center of Excellence.
- Perform discovery of client marketing and analytics data ecosystems
- Conceives of tracking architecture for client initiatives and campaigns, producing flow diagrams and technical specifications, thereby allowing both digital and offline interactions to be tracked, analyzed, and optimized
- Defines campaign naming and URL tagging conventions while maintaining the corresponding taxonomies using standard tools such as Excel as well as enterprise SAAS tools including Claravine
- Authors tracking and tagging implementation documentation for client in-house teams, client/agency partners, and internal development resources, including clear details that can be easily translated into a test plan for tracking QA purposes
- Execute tag management implementation using platforms such as Google Tag Manager, Ensighten, and Adobe Launch while providing unit testing validation of all tags deployed
- Configure and administer web analytics platforms including Google Analytics (Universal & 4) and Adobe Analytics
- Facilitate the measurement of digital media and CRM by supporting conversion tracking for Google Ads, Google Campaign Manager, DSPs, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Microsoft Ads, Kochava & Branch MMPs, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Support A/B/multivariate website testing using tools such as Google Optimize and Adobe Target
- Conduct comprehensive tracking QA to ensure measurement accuracy across all campaign, web, and media initiatives
- Educate clients and agency colleagues on industry changes relevant to analytics and data privacy
- Interface with client and partner contacts, communicating in a manner to inspire confidence while maintaining detailed documentation following all discussions
- Minimum 3-5 years of analytics and technology experience
- Experience utilizing tag management systems, including Google Tag Manager, Adobe DTM/Launch, and Ensighten to support the deployment of web and media analytics tracking tags on pageview-based websites, single-page applications, and mobile apps
- Experience administering Google Analytics Universal; Accounts, Properties, and Views, including the creation of Goals, Filters, Custom Dimension/Metrics, and Segments
- Experience administering Google Analytics 4
- Experience configuring Adobe Analytics Report Suites including Classifications, SAINT, and eVars / sProps
- Experience with enterprise taxonomy management tools including Claravine
- Experience working in or supporting analytics for digital media, with working knowledge of Google Ads / Campaign Manager / DV360 / SA360, Microsoft Ads, DSPs, Facebook Ads, Kochava or other MMPs, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification and Adobe Analytics Implementation Certification a plus
- Experience authoring SQL to query, load, transform, and retrieve data from various databases including MS SQL Server, Redshift, and PostgreSQL
- An understanding of core marketing analytics concepts including impressions, clicks, pageviews, events, sessions, users, conversions, and attribution models
- An understanding of ETL concepts including the data integration pipeline, staging tables, incremental loading, SCD, data quality, business logic, and views
- Experience with cloud services including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services a plus
- Experience with ETL-as-a-service platforms including Datorama, Fivetran, or Matillion a plus
- Problem-Solving & Commitment: Ability to solve complex measurement and business challenges through technical creativity, while maintaining a continuing education commitment to remain current on analytics technology
- Personal Traits: Passionate about problem solving in the areas of marketing, data, analytics, and technology; excellent verbal and written communication skills
RAPP provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan. Benefits for this role include health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k), stock options, Healthcare & Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, vacation, sick, and personal days and positive activism days, paid parental leave and disability benefits. For more information regarding Omnicom benefits, please visit www.omnicombenefits.com. A reasonable estimate of the salary for this role, at the time of posting, is $95,000-$110,000. This range is specific to Los Angeles and multiple factors are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: skill set, experience and training, certifications; etc. This is an exempt position. If your requirements fall outside of this range, you are still welcome to apply.
“As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.”
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.