RAPP Chicago is looking for an Experience Analyst to join our award-winning team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all, and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors, and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly, we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning technologists and creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
The Experience Analyst leverages a holistic view of clients’ business, market, Cultural Intelligence and consumer context to inform innovative communications solutions to business and marketing problems. Under the direction of the Director of Experience Analytics, the analyst works with multidisciplinary teams to define solutions at the intersection of technology, media, and culture. This position partners closely with the Creative team – particularly UX / Experience Design – to inspire and provide disciplinary rigor to defining the customer experience. The Analyst has the ability to work with Decision Sciences management to make critical, real-time adjustments to communications strategies. Like every employee of the Strategy & Enablement group, the Experience Analyst is expected to continuously seek out, learn about and actively use new media channels, technologies, tools and methods and be able to apply this experience to innovate new solutions aligned with client needs. Resourcefulness, curiosity, passion and fearlessness are required traits of all departmental employees.
- Maintains a deep level of intimacy with landscape of P/O/E media, understanding best practice, optimization techniques and also innovation opportunities
- Collaborates with analytics group to target behaviors and understand motivational drivers of behavior that will result in more effective communication strategies
- Analyzes large datasets, typically of media performance of marketing campaigns to tease out insights and identify performance drivers. Includes digital media (display banners, paid search, social media), offline media (TV, print), and website data (direct traffic, referred traffic, organic search traffic)
- Analyzes performance of key client digital assets (e.g. websites, microsites/landing pages, Facebook pages). Includes analysis of traffic levels and trends over time, content popularity and consumption, path analysis through customer journey, paths to onsite goal attainment, drop-off rates in conversion funnels.
- Creates client outputs including monthly dashboards, quarterly deep-dive reports, as well as other ad hoc and campaign specific analysis
- Develops detailed analysis of performance drivers for campaigns in market
- Develops data-driven hypothesis on performance of website assets for review and further interpretation by strategy team, for eventual presentation to client
- Drives efficiencies by working to automate repetitive processes
- Provides for critical QA/QC function across all data-driven endeavors – thereby ensuring maximum impact from our analysis and minimum chance for erroneous conclusions
- Contributes to workflow efficiency improvements and more effective ideation by cultivating new learning tools, sources and resources
- Manages vendor relationships as related to automation, analytics toolsets, and 3rd party data-driven research tools (e.g. Hitwise, Emarketer)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Research, Planning, Marketing, Business, Math/ Statistics, Finance, Social Science or other related degree.
- 2-3 years Direct Marketing analytical experience, planning, brand planning or similar work
- DATABASE SKILLS: High proficiency in writing SQL queries, rolling up data and analyzing large databases to find customer insights
- ANALYTIC SKILLS: Proficient in Design of Experiments, A/B Testing, Segmentation tools, regression models, full and partial factorial testing and basic statistics. SAS /SPPS /R experience or other statistical experience required
- PRESENTATION SKILLS: Proficient in MS Excel, POWERPOINT or other data visualization tools to help interpret the data and present a story to client.
- Ability to garner insights from large, raw data sets.
- Ability to tell a story with data and develop data-driven marketing strategies
- Ability to co-create a solution by working with cross-functional teams.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.