Are you an ambitious, Engineering professional searching for an opportunity to bring your skills and capabilities to a 200 person, fast growing enterprise software company? Over 850 companies worldwide rely on Poppulo’s software to optimize and measure employee engagement. With over 20 million employees on our platform, we are changing how enterprises educate, align and inspire their employees. Poppulo is a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture focused on helping organizations grow by releasing the power of their people. Poppulo offers a dynamic environment with driven, fun and flexible individuals, who thrive on challenge and responsibility.
Poppulo is going through a transformation.
We have a unique, but time-sensitive opportunity to define and own a new market in Enterprise Internal Communications.
As an Engineering Team Lead, you will lead an Engineering team to ensure we deliver value to our customers through our product. To deliver this value, you will work in a cross-functional environment including product management, architecture and other engineering teams.
We are significantly investing in enhancing our Poppulo Mobile Platform to ensure it remains compelling for large customers to deliver Organisational Communications across the enterprise. Mobile is a pivotal part of our larger platform and must meet all of the requirements of a large enterprise in terms of features and functionality, but also architectural best practises, quality, security and scalability.
We are looking for a passionate Team Manager with strong leadership skills.
You are change inviting, good with ambiguity, influential, open, honest and trustworthy.
You have at least 5 years experience in a Mobile product development environment and demonstrable experience managing a team.
You have experience in driving & delivering technical initiatives in partnership with other organisations such as Product Management and Architecture.
You have excellent communication skills which you use to work with the wider team and across departments.
You are strong on Process Development and Measurement, particularly using Scrum framework in a DevSecOps environment.
You bring clarity and take the noise out of ambiguous situations.
You build teams, coach and mentor team members and foster a culture of learning and innovation within the team.
You would also have some combination of the following:
- Excellent collaboration skills and team-building ability
- A positive attitude and commitment to delivering value to customers
- Ability to understand key business needs in line with the priorities and apply the right technology to the solution
- A commitment to continuous learning and keeping up to date with emerging trends
- Constantly seeking ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Engineering team
- Technology community involvement e.g. conferences, meetups, blogging etc.
- Experience providing insights and driving adoption of relevant emerging trends (e.g. pair programming, lightning talks, conferences, design sessions etc.).
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Building, developing and managing a world-class Mobile App team, hiring & developing exceptional talent.
- Using your experience to influence business and technical decisions as we grow our Mobile team and products.
- Collaborating with Product Management to understand product priorities, getting customer feedback and supporting feature rollout.
- Coordinating solution design with Architecture and Product Management to solve our customer problems.
- Ensuring the highest quality standards are maintained by promoting a quality and testability focused culture.
- Working with Product Owners, Principal and Senior Developers to manage and prioritise tasks, reduce technical debt through project phases, and work towards an architectural vision.
- Facilitating daily stand-ups/planning, ensuring bottlenecks are resolved and goals are efficiently met.
- Acting as point of contact and representative of the development team in meetings.
- Adopting lessons learned from retrospectives and experiments.
- Collaborating with the team, management, and other teams to develop a culture of continuous improvement (process and technical).
- Set and evaluate goals, conduct performance reviews with your people, regular 1-1 reviews and ongoing feedback, as well as identifying skills gaps and training needs.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-related bonus
- Family Healthcare (LAYA)
- Flexible working hours
- Educational Assistance Program
- Training and conference attendance
- Access to Safari Online
- In-house soft skills training
- In-house tech talks
- Research time
- Bike to work scheme
- Choice of computer (Macbook Pros are standard issue)
Who We Are
Named a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 , we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Boston Scientific, Telefonica, Rolls-Royce, Nestle, Experian and Johnson Controls. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do.
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn and “GET IT DONE”
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.