Are you searching for an opportunity to play a key role in driving the dramatic growth of a highly successful software company?
Poppulo is the global leader in the field of software solutions for Employee Communications. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture focused on the power of people, both within Poppulo and our customer base. Poppulo offers a dynamic environment with driven, smart and flexible individuals, who thrive on challenges and responsibility.
The Infrastructure team is looking for a DevOps Engineer reporting to the Infrastructure Team Lead, with a systems administration background to join our team. You will need to have a strong understanding of the Linux operating system and the services that run on top of it to help grow, maintain, administer and secure our environment and infrastructure.
On the Infrastructure team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of running Poppulo’s systems at scale, while using your expertise in coding, complexity analysis and large-scale system design.
You will be required to help us deliver timely support to our customers and to help us catch problems in our infrastructure before they experience issues. You will help us provide continued improvements to that environment by helping to update our processes, apply newer code releases, as well as to remediate any security concerns as they arise.
You will be asked to help work with teams that are delivering new products to a SaaS model. There will be a significant amount of process documentation, automation and security remediations required to bring that successfully to market.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, practiced in a 24/7 environment operating and maintaining SaaS applications.
- Comfortable performing administrative tasks and configuration using the Linux command line interface
- Experience in analyzing, designing, configuring, testing and maintaining Linux servers.
- Experience in relevant role such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, Software Engineering or IT infrastructure management
- A bias towards automation and reducing toil, comfortable using automation tools and Infrastructure as Code concepts
- Expertise in implementing and administering systems in a virtualized cloud environment such as AWS, OpenStack, Linux KVM
- Experience with container environments, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience in TCP/IP and Ethernet networking technologies
- Strong scripting skills with Bash and Python.
- Skilled in establishing effective relationships with engineering teams, vendors and stakeholders
- Familiarity with implementing and managing distributed systems on a large scale
- Team player, familiar with AGILE methodologies.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
Minimum Qualification Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- An excellent workplace culture
- Competitive salary
- Company performance-related bonus
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Educational assistance
- In-house soft skills training
Who We Are
Named a Great Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 , we are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ireland. We are the leading vendor of sophisticated communication software designed specifically for the needs of internal communicators within large enterprises across the globe. Poppulo is trusted by over 400 blue-chip and FTSE 100 organizations throughout the world, helping many leading institutions inform, engage and inspire their employees. Customers include Boston Scientific, Telefonica, Rolls-Royce, Nestle, Experian and Johnson Controls. This is an opportunity to contribute to our culture and join a company that’s on the move. We live the Poppulo company values each day and they are key to everything we do.
“High Standards As Standard”, “Together We’re Better”, “Adapt To Succeed”, “Honesty Throughout”, “Be The Example”, “Don’t Just Work… Learn and “GET IT DONE”
Poppulo is an equal opportunities employer.