Who are we and What do we do?
We help advertisers reach and engage with their target audience globally. We do this through a deep understanding of people, which is enabled through our algorithms that respect privacy. Today, some of the world's largest brands, agencies, developers and publishers are creating great value by using our platforms to deliver compelling proposition to their target consumers.
Currently, we provide over 1 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 8 billion advertisements on a daily basis. That's 1 advertisement for every individual in the world - And we're working on taking this number to more than 1 for every individual that's ever walked the earth!
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have immediate impact with the company and our products. Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym or yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What Does the team look like ?
Do you understand what is takes to power the platform which receives and processes terabytes of data? Are you willing to engineer to scale this platform to receive and process petabytes of data?If so, then this position is for you. At InMobi we live and breathe data and this position is with the Production and Infrastructure Engineering Unit for Grid team.
You will be working on InMobi’s critical production applications and Grid infrastructure which should always be up and running scale up to withstand unparalleled demand from consumers. Along with this the focus will also be on automation and providing a self-serve platform for our consumers' needs.
What is expected out of you ?
- Experience: 4-10 years
- Educational Qualification: BE / B Tech in Computer Science or MCA from a premier institute.
- Expertise in at least one data platform such as Hadoop/HDFS, Cassandra, HBASE, Spark, Storm, KafKa
- Strong technicalcoding ability (preferably in Python)
- Advanced systems and networking knowledge
- IP routing (NAT/PAT), Firewall, TCP connection establishment/teardown.
- Knowledge of UNIX internals (processes, memory management,scheduling, signal handling, filesystems, /proc interfaces).
- Understand HA and redundancy concepts.
- Understand caching proxies, reverse proxies, web server concepts.
- Performance evaluation and tuning of systems/applications.
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills on complex systems.
- Exposure to configuration management tools.
- Experience in handling and operating large scale deployments of systems.
- Architect systems, infrastructure and platforms using Linux and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to support BigData applications.
- Good communication skills.
What you would be doing?
- Work closely with development engineers to support the packaging, deployment, monitoring and system reliability scripting that turns software into a complete deployed product.
- Work with development engineers to lead the design and implementation of the deployment platform.
- Bring the latest tools and techniques to achieve optimal results.
- Work closely with the development teams to define the tools, processes and implementation to support fast iteration software development.
- Work with your DevOps counterparts to bring all our systems into a unified platform and process.
- Administer and support Hadoop clusters (including Hbase, Hadoop, Spark, Storm, EMR, S3)
- Development & enhancement of monitoring tools to manage services and applications developed and used by InMobi.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of InMobi services by engineering reliability intosoftware and systems
- Respond and resolve emergent service problems; build tools, automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Review and influence new evolving design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems
- Participate in software system performance analysis ,tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- Perform periodic on-call duty (T3/T4) as part of a global team
- Own and deliver the implementation of new methods for systems deployment, monitoring and management via tools and automation.
- Should be ready to support 24x7 on rotation basis, active participation in war rooms on an as-needed basis and ability to drive root cause analysis (RCA) of failures.