Role: Principal Trader, Programmatic
Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi is the largest independent mobile advertising network in the world. With offices on five continents, InMobi provides advertisers, publishers, and developers with a uniquely global solution for advertising. The network is growing and now delivers the unprecedented ability to reach 1.64 Billion devices, in over 165 countries, through more than 200 Billion mobile ad impressions monthly. The company has over 17 offices including Bangalore (HQ), London, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul, Singapore, Tokyo, and Dubai.
For more information, please visit http://www.inmobi.com
What’s the InMobi family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
About InMobi DSP
InMobi DSP aims to be the world’s most customer-centric mobile performance advertising platform. The core offering is the ability to own performance KPIs for a direct advertiser or agency, while providing full-funnel transparency into media, inventory sources, clicks, and impressions. The incumbent will be the resident trading expert and will help accelerate InMobi DSP’s growth in the broad proposition called “performance advertising”, covering mid to lower funnel campaigns, and by bringing in product, operations and business expertise in all of InMobi operating markets, with a focus on North America and Asia.
Who you are:
You are passionate about the Technology, Startups, and the AdTech industry. You have the drive and tenacity to get the job done and build scalable businesses. You love building ideas from scratch and leverage data for decision making. You have experience of working in an extremely fast paced and fluid environment where ideas can be obsolete within 6 months or less.
Principal Trader, Responsibilities:
As a Principal Trader, you will have mastered campaign management skills and learn to apply to the company technology stack, understanding how to plan, create, and optimize Programmatic strategy. Principal Trader consult with multiple stakeholders to ensure optimal campaign performance, participate in analytics and product testing efforts, and lead internal and client-focused research efforts to develop new best practices and cultivate industry thought leadership.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of business across key clients with support of trading team
- Combine data analysis, technical expertise, and client feedback to create optimization strategies and provide solutions for complex campaigns to meet client objectives
- Work with traders to implement campaigns, evaluate performance and optimize across dimensions
- Help identify, craft and present opportunities to leverage programmatically purchased media to support client objectives
- Proactively work to identify cross-channel integration opportunities
- Recognize opportunities to drive efficiency through process optimization
- Understand and effectively communicate internal programmatic teams’ value proposition, technology, processes, and partnerships, as they relate to growth of current client accounts
- Work closely with internal teams to facilitate feedback from research and testing to better their product sets and supporting Trading collateral and training.
- Act as a participant and leader in regular knowledge share sessions to support organizational education initiatives and nurture innovation, optimization, and integration strategies
- Stay current on platform features and techniques for activating, measuring, and optimizing media programs
- Collaborate with platform, inventory, and data partners to develop, activate and optimize targeted programs
- Troubleshoot issues on all pre-production and live campaigns Oversee campaign set-up of programmatic buys in DSPs
- Oversee campaign QA process Support the development of process standards and train team members on the how and why
- Support traders’ growth and development including areas of campaign management and communication
- Support account team in delivering program recommendations to evolve and improve over time, including providing insights into campaign constraints and untapped potential
- 7+ years of experience with DSP platforms (self-managed)
- Strong leadership skills: ability to set and communicate goals, measure accomplishments, hold team accountable, and give useful feedback
- Ability to interpret campaign performance with regards to programmatic variables, and implement informed optimizations to achieve CPA, ROAS, or awareness goals
- Tactical execution experience –Native, Proximity targeting, Prospecting vs Remarketing, PMP executions, Audio/Video, SSP direct deals.
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- Experience training, mentoring, and managing team members
- BA/BS/BTech degree in Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or any other equivalent quantitative-heavy major
Why Join Us?
You will contribute to creating disruptive and innovative consumer experiences using technology. We value autonomy, collaboration, technical innovation, and results-oriented thinking. InMobi’s culture is all about rewarding excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates!