Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi is one of the world’s largest Mobile Monetization networks reaching over 2.1 billion unique mobile users across the planet. With premium investors (like Google, Softbank, KP, Sherpalo etc) we are on an expedited growth trajectory to become the largest independent mobile monetization network on the planet.
Our mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data, and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
What is the InMobi family like?
Our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
About InMobi Telco Cloud (ITC)
ITC is one of the fastest growing consumer businesses at InMobi. We leverage Telcos and OEMs for distribution of our Products and currently have 12+ products that are across different product life stages. Our Products range from daily use consumer apps (Weather, Games, Shopping, News etc) to products that are built for phone surfaces (App discovery Widgets, Full screen experiences, Out-ofbox-experiences, Device Search experiences, Default Browser experience etc). Collectively, our products have a scale of over 80Mn+ users in North America and other geographies
InMobi is looking for an experienced and hands-on Head of Business Development (BD) for our Telco/Carrier VAS/AdTech monetization business focusing on UK & EU region. The BD leader will have successfully originated, and closed Mobile VAS, app-preload, device-monetization deals with large Carriers, pitching them Apps, Device monetization, Advertising and Marketing services or platforms.
The candidate must be a goals-driven Individual-contributor and bring in the expertise on bridging customer needs and Product/ Platform capabilities.
The BD will be solely responsible to lead Telco hunting in UK & Western Europe region (France, Spain, Germany, Italy primarily). The ideal candidate will be based in London and should be open to traveling to his/her client-side locations in Western EU mainly.
The BD Head will report into the worldwide head of Telco BD based in San Francisco.
Base Location: UK (London preferred).
What you’ll do:
- Business Development
- BD head will carry a quarterly sales target (new logo opening & minimum revenue deal signing). Targets are leading large telcos in the region.
- Bring in relationships with existing key telcos in the region (EE, O2, Orange, Deutsche Telcom, Vodafone, Telefonica, and similar large telco groups)
- You will be responsible for the entire funnel – from lead generation to closure of new accounts and over time as we scale bring that expertise to silo specific functions
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of InMobi’s platform and new Telco solutions and be able to communicate as much to prospective partners
- Identify and develop a pipeline of prospective Telcos across major application developers
- Effectively introduce and articulate InMobi’s value proposition with in-person meetings/presentations (post-covid19), videoconferences, phone and email.
- Collaborate with internal product, engineering, marketing, and operations teams championing your publisher’s needs
- Maintain a pulse on the Telco VAS ecosystem through research, a robust rolodex of business contacts and digital industry event participation
- Working with Marketing & Product unit GM’s to ensure that customer development goals from a marketing perspective (case studies, testimonials, references) are achieved.
- Channel & Partner ecosystem
- Keep building necessary technology partnerships with various UK & European content & tech providers to exploit any complimentary players in the Telco ecosystem.
- Represent the firm at marketing events, third party conferences, and networking events.
Who you are:
- An expert in all things Device monetization, Mobile applications preload and/or Advertising Tech (AdTech): You bring 10+ years of Device monetization, app preloads or AdTech sales experience of which, 5+ years of related BD and sales experience involving selling Device monetization, app preloads or Advertising platforms, to Carriers. Must possess knowledge of the wireless ecosystem and how carriers in NA generate non-voice or non-data revenue.
- A brilliant leader. Someone who sets bold and ambitious goals, makes it happen, inspires not manages and is customer obsessed. Someone who can motivate a team toward unseen heights, someone who can hear what is said and can read between the lines. Ability to work and lead across organizational boundaries, towards achieving organization and client objectives.
- Well-connected. You are resourceful in your networking; you know who is moving and shaking in the Telcos regionally.
- Highly motivated and capable of working effectively from remote locations.
- Proven BD experience in leading BD initiatives across large / medium accounts.
- A big picture thinker with a keen eye for detail. You have an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into clear and compelling benefits.
- Creative, resourceful, thoughtful, analytical.
Why Join Us?
You will contribute to creating disruptive and innovative consumer experiences using technology. We value autonomy, collaboration, technical innovation and results-oriented thinking. InMobi’s culture is all about rewarding excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates!
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stocks
- Quality medical, vision, dental
- Flexible working hours
- Lunches provided
- Gym stipend
- Healthy time off through a combination of PTO, sick days, and company-wide holidays
- A friendly, supportive working family to call your team