Software Development Engineer II
Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi is a global provider of enterprise platform for marketers. Our platforms help Marketers reach
nearly 1.56 billion unique users through mobile to help them engage, acquire, re-engage, re-market
and retain valuable users. InMobi is also India’s first unicorn and one of the only profitable global
tech-product companies to emerge out of India.
At 20+ offices across the globe, InMobi employs over 1000 personnel constituting 25 nationalities.
Acclaimed for its culture, InMobi has consecutively featured on the Great Places to Work (GPTW)
list, with a consistent hold in the Top 50 position for the past two years. Moreover, these accolades
are not just restricted to India, InMobi has also secured a ranking on the GPTW’s 2017 China List, a
notable feat for an Indian startup.
InMobi has also regularly featured on world disruptor lists – MIT Technology Review’s 2013 50
Disruptive Companies; Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, 2018; CNBC’s Disruptor
50 list of 2018, here InMobi was selected amongst a pool of more than 980 forward-thinking and
ambitiou private companies across the globe, we now share this space with the likes of SpaceX,
Airbnb, Uber and so on.
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we
create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be
infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and are on an accelerated
path of being a leader in enterprise software for marketers. We invite you to free yourself, dream
big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer you an opportunity to work on building enterprise platforms that require you to acquire,
hone and demonstrate your engineering skills in designing and solving for complex problems,
thereby creating software that creates value for our customers in a very reliable, scalable, secure
and AI-first manner. At InMobi, you get to work on cutting-edge technologies, work closely with
business teams and grow as an overall technology leader.
Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal
opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul
– free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart
Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to
About InMobi Telco Cloud (ITC)
ITC is one of the fastest growing consumer businesses at InMobi. We leverage Telcos and OEMs for distribution of our Products and currently have 12+ products that are across different product life stages. Our Products range from daily use consumer apps ( Weather, Games, Shopping, News etc) to products that are built for phone surfaces (App discovery Widgets, Full screen experiences, Out-of-box-experiences, Device Search experiences, Default Browser experience etc). Collectively, our products have a scale of over 80Mn+ users in North America and other geographies.
Product Managers at ITC, are the voice of the consumer, obsess about user experience and ensure that we prioritize and build experiences and features that increase the user engagement of our products. Our Product Managers need to be extremely agile and on top of technology. They need to think big and multi-task. They should be able to deal with ambiguity, in fact, thrive in it.
Must have qualifications
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent industry experience)
• Strong computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
• 3-5 years of strong product development experience in building massively large-scale
distributed internet systems and products• 3-4 years of experience in big data analytics technologies like Storm, Spark/Spark streaming,
Flink, AWS Kinesis, Azure Streaming Analytics, Kafka streaming, Databricks, HDInsight, Azure
Batch, Hive, Druid, Presto, Elasticsearch, Airflow, etc.
• 3-4 years of experience in building high performance RPC services using different highperformance paradigms: multi-threading, multi-processing, asynchronous programming (nonblocking IO), reactive programming, etc. Experience with frameworks such as gRPC, netty, istio,
spring-webflux, kotlin, etc is a plus.
• 3-4 years of experience working high throughput low latency databases like Hbase,
Cassandra, CosmosDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
• Experience with designing and building high scale app backends and micro-services - load
balancers, proxies, caches, CDNs, messaging systems, serverless compute
(e.g. lambda), monitoring and telemetry, etc.
• Strong understanding of distributed systems fundamentals around scalability, elasticity,
availability, fault-tolerance, etc.
• Experience in analyzing and improving the efficiency, scalability, and stability of distributed
systems and service backends
• Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoys challenging assignments in a highenergy, fast growing and start-up workplace
• Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
• Provide good attention to details
• Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
Nice to have qualifications
• Experience with working on massively large-scale data-driven systems in production
• Experience in performance and cost optimization, tracing and debugging
• Experience in leveraging user data for behavioral targeting
• Experience with anomaly/outlier detection, demand forecasting models, recommendation
systems, personalization and ranking models, etc.
• Experience of building products that are powered by data and insight