Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
What’s the InMobi family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What do we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for InMobi and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At InMobi, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
- The goal is to document and communicate complex, technical information in much easy to consume form.
- Work independently to create and revise existing technical content in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop, gather, and disseminate complex technical concepts among products, leadership, and technical group.
- Design and develop instruction manuals, concept articles, tech blogs, and how-to guides from the scratch.
- Work with Developers to prepare API reference documentation.
- Incorporate peer review and implement the suggestions from the peers.
- Collaborate and work with team of architects and senior engineers to build content to be published on technical blogs.
- Study product samples, technical setup, and create information architecture blueprint.
- Communicate with product team, developers, and other stakeholders to understand product details.
- Ensure top-notch documentation.
- Attend planning and coordination meetings to assess the requirements
- Identify potential areas of improvement in processes.
- Actively monitor communication channels and address customer requests and feedback.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of technical content.
- Ensure proper communication about the progress with the engineering team members.
- 2-4 years of experience in technical writing of software documentation or similar role
- Minimum 2 years of experience in API documentation
- Experience in researching and writing documentation for developers
- Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase user's understanding
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for end users
- Excellent receptive (listening and reading) and productive (writing and speaking) communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to take complete ownership of tasks assigned
- Experience in various technical writing tools (specially Confluence)
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies
- Experience in Professional Writing or Creative Writing is a big plus
- Experience in working with developers
- A strong team player
- Independent, self-motivated, and organised
- Strong attention to detail
- Educational background in engineering or computer science is a big plus.