Lead – UX Designer
Who are we and What do we do?
We help advertisers reach and engage with their target audience globally. We do this through a deep understanding of people, which is enabled through our algorithms that respect privacy. Today, some of the world's largest brands, agencies, developers and publishers are creating great value by using our platforms to deliver a compelling proposition to their target consumers. Currently, we provide over 1 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 8 billion advertisements on a daily basis. That's 1 advertisement for every individual in the world - And we're working on taking this number to more than 1 for every individual that's ever walked the earth!
What's the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul? free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
Get to know our Design Organisation:
Product design practitioners here at InMobi come from diverse backgrounds such as psychology, content strategy, engineering, fine arts, visual communication etc and are passionately self-taught.
Our approach, our efforts and our outcome and everything we do here at InMobi Design is aligned to the vision:
“We design to create true-to-human value and we do it delightfully together”
It is not about creating the delight for the end consumers but also keeping the whole process delightful while we work with our product, engineering and business stakeholders in identifying the problem worth solving for the consumers & business on a global scale. Be it solving for seamless customer experience, simple workflows or novel yet intuitive interaction paradigms, the product design team always strive to keep the bar higher.
What will you be doing?
- As a Lead UX designer at InMobi you will own the product design responsibility right from defining the problem to devising the best in class solutions through an iterative process with user centred thinking at its core.
- You will be able to work through the length & breadth of product design with ease. From finding the right problem worthy of business impact to putting together a prototype that help experience your solution in best of its form. You are a strategic thinker and at the same time execute with great attention to detail and craftsmanship.
- Work with other designers, PM and Engg Managers to drive long term vision as well as quarterly goals and help decide the priorities for the product.
- Institute excellent operational processes so that Design, technology product and business stakeholders work tightly together.
- You will demonstrate and communicate the value-first user centered design efforts in a simple to understand jargon free narrative to all your stakeholders.
- You will be inspiring the team with the greatness in experiences you will design and find ways to showcase it in the external forums.
What do we expect from you?
- Ideally, you would be someone who Has 5-8 years experience.
- Has a Bachelors, Masters or post-graduate degree in visual communication, product design, industrial design or information & Interface design.
- Demonstrates experience in designing usable web-based and/or mobile interfaces.
- Tools must be the last thing to think about, when it comes to product design. A mindset which is open to explore and experiment with any tool of choice that serves best for a given need.
- Openness to take up varied product challenges and switch contexts swiftly without losing the focus on excellence
- Knowledge of cross-browser issues and strategies for designing compatible user interfaces would be an added advantage.
- Experience in years is just a number. What matters is the number of product experiences you had successfully shipped in your professional life and the impact you were able to create so far.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to ensure you establish a shared understanding of your approach with your stakeholders.
- Enjoy a fast-paced high-energy environment, where the only thing constant is change.