Who we are & What do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
What’s the InMobi family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for InMobi and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At InMobi, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What is the team like ? About Blend
Blend represents InMobi suite of consumer experiences across Weather, Social, News and Commerce categories focused on NA Market. Our flagship mobile app 1Weather is the 3rd largest weather app in US with 4.6 rating & ~9M MAU.
We are looking for copy editors who can read over stories and content for the news application. Excellent verbal communication skills as well as knowledge about fact-checking and research to determine the accuracy of the content is required. The candidate should also be capable of proofreading, creating, and editing content and must be familiar with important international current affairs.
- Proofread the headlines and summaries
- Proofread content and correct spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- Rewrite the content to improve clarity and readability
- Evaluate stories from wire services to decide what to publish
- Verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics
- Check content for style, readability, and adherence to editorial policies
- Research for photos that make up a story or content
- Conduct simple keyword research to find news insights
- Strong language skill with a very firm grasp of English usage
- Creativity – The candidate must be curious, creative, and knowledgeable about a broad variety of topics.
- Good judgment – The candidate must determine whether enough evidence exists to report on a story and have a strong grasp of the ethics of certain stories.
- Detail-orientation - A main task of the job is to make written work error-free, and to ensure that it matches the publication's required style.
- Writing skills – The candidate must be able to write clearly and with good logic, and ensure that content has correct punctuation, grammar, and syntax.
- Technical skills – The candidate must be proficient in basic Microsoft Office skills including word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets.
- Skilled at identifying good stories
- Knowledgeable in a broad range of topics
- Analyzing news stories for data and insights
- Fast decision-making skill
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Any degree (Prefer candidates who have a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or English)
- Minimum 1 year of experience in research
- Strong understanding of the target market
- Understanding of latest trends, consumer insight and the overall space in general
- Proven work experience as research analyst or similar role