Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi is a global provider of enterprise platform for marketers. Our platforms help Marketers reach
nearly 1.56 billion unique users through mobile to help them engage, acquire, re-engage, re-market
and retain valuable users. InMobi is also India’s first unicorn and one of the only profitable global
tech-product companies to emerge out of India.
At 20+ offices across the globe, InMobi employs over 1000 personnel constituting 25 nationalities.
Acclaimed for its culture, InMobi has consecutively featured on the Great Places to Work (GPTW)
list, with a consistent hold in the Top 50 position for the past two years. Moreover, these accolades are
not just restricted to India, InMobi has also secured a ranking on the GPTW’s 2017 China List, a
notable feat for an Indian startup.
InMobi has also regularly featured on world disruptor lists – MIT Technology Review’s 2013 50
Disruptive Companies; Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, 2018; CNBC’s
Disruptor 50 list of 2018, here InMobi was selected amongst a pool of more than 980 forwardthinking and ambitiou private companies across the globe, we now share this space with the likes of
SpaceX, Airbnb, Uber and so on.
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we
create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be
infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and are on an accelerated
path of being a leader in enterprise software for marketers. We invite you to free yourself, dream big
and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer you an opportunity to work on building enterprise platforms that require you to acquire,
hone and demonstrate your engineering skills in designing and solving for complex problems, thereby
creating software that creates value for our customers in a very reliable, scalable, secure and AI-first
manner. At InMobi, you get to work on cutting-edge technologies, work closely with business teams
and grow as an overall technology leader.
Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal
opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul –
free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart
Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to
What is the team like?
InMobi's Supply and Monetization Platform is one of the world's leading ad serving
platforms serving 10bn ad requests a day and handling 1.4+ billion users. Our products help
advertisers serve ads optimally, optimize relevance of ads to make the advertiser maximize
his ROI, and monitor progress of different advertising campaigns. We handle 140k qps peak
What will you be doing?
• Responsible for design, architecture, and delivery of a feature or component/product
with the highest quality with high-level directions from architects
• Driving innovations in the platform constantly & remaining ahead of the curve• Collaborates effectively with cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products &
• Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing
• Estimates efforts, identify risks, devices and meets project schedules
• Runs review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues on time
• Provide functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise with-in team
• Mentors/coaches engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical
leadership to them
• Rises above detail to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team.
What do we expect from you?
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
• 8-12 years of strong design/development experience in building massively large scale
distributed internet systems and products
• Extensive experience in developing and maintaining large scale systems on Cloud -
Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
• Good experience in working with Hadoop and Big Data technologies like HDFS, Pig,
Hive, Storm, HBase, Scribe, Zookeeper and NoSQL systems etc
• Excellent Java programming skills and expertise in multi-threading and performance
• Excellent computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
• Excellent data structures & algorithms skills
• Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting
edge technologies around server side development in Java and Big Data
• Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a
high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
• Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid
• Provide good attention to details
• Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively salable &
• Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
Nice to have skills
• Experience of online advertising domain
• Experience in leverage user data for behavioral targeting & ad-relevance
• Experience of building products that are powered by data & insights
• Experience in data sciences & machine learning
• Experience of working on massively large scale dat