Who are we and What do we do?
Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
Glance is an AI-first Screen Zero content discovery platform, and it’s scaled massively in the last few months to one of the largest platforms in India. Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks her phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on more than 120 millions of mobile phones in India already, and we are only getting started on this journey! We are now into phase 2 of the Glance story - we are going global!
Roposo is part of the Glance family with ~100mn downloads. It is a short video entertainment platform. All the videos created here are user generated (via upload or Roposo creation tools in camera) and there are many communities creating these videos on various themes we call channels. Around 4 million videos are created every month on Roposo and power Roposo channels, some of the channels are - HaHa TV (for comedy videos), News, Beats (for singing/ dance performances) along with a For You (personalized for a user) and Your Feed (for videos of people a user follows).
Our people philosophy is based on development and growth. We believe in hiring exceptionally smart people, setting them up to crazy challenges, giving them freedom to experiment, learn and grow, and celebrate their success. We do things a bit differently at Glance. We don’t have performance appraisals, we have development conversations. We don’t assign ratings and performance bonuses, we give opportunities and ask about aspirations. And when it comes to looking after our people, we go all out. Our people are special, and we make them feel it!
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glanciers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
Why Join Us?
You will contribute to creating disruptive and innovative consumer experiences using technology. We value autonomy, collaboration, technical innovation and results-oriented thinking. Glance’s culture is all about rewarding excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates!
Glance is looking for a passionate and seasoned consumer insights and measurement / analytics leader who will provide actionable consumer insights, track brand health, and measure and track marketing performance enabling the organization to deliver repeatable and measurable marketing programs. You will work cross-functionally within the marketing organization as well as with product to drive KPIs for the role.
- Track evolving cultural and consumer trends to improve our understanding of the context in which Glance and Roposo operate and sharpen our strategy
- Conduct market research to develop consumer insights for developing marketing communication and campaigns
- Track brand health metric, including NPS for Glance and Roposo
- Own and execute research calendar for Glance and Roposo to drive public relations initiatives
- Partner with B2B Product Marketing and sales teams to create insights that support sales and monetization initiatives
- Help build a strong data-driven marketing culture - marketing by the numbers - to deliver on business and marketing growth targets
- Design and own the marketing performance dashboard for marketing teams to deliver measurable and repeatable marketing programs
- Compile and publish marketing performance dashboard, including insights and actions and high-quality commentary on a weekly, monthly, quarterly (QBRs) and annual basis
- Analyze campaign performance metrics, data and trends. Collaborate with product, content, data science and marketing teams to provide signals and insights to brand, growth and product marketing for them to optimize their campaigns, and identify opportunities for future campaigns
- Design and implement the marketing technology stack for measurement and attribution as required
- You enjoy storytelling with numbers and data and have an interest in digital anthropology and cultural / consumer trends
- You have 9-14 years’ overall experience and have worked in a B2C company, preferably in a digital or tech-first business as marketing insights leader, or in a consulting or analytics company in the marketing domain
- You have a deep understanding of market research methodology, marketing platforms, analytics and BI
- You have strong interpersonal skills and project management abilities that help you work effectively across functions and programs
- You have an ability to identify gaps in data, analyse the problem, design data solutions and articulate requirements to the technical and business teams.
- You are conversant with data analysis and the best tools for retrieving, manipulating, and visualizing data including tools like MySQL, Excel, R, and Tableau
- You have an MBA or bachelor’s degree in statistics or science
Glance in the news
Economic Times Google invests $145 million in Glance
Times of India InMobi's Glance raises USD 45 mn from Mithril Capital