About the Company
Glance is the world’s first screen zero platform, enabling consumers to experience the best of the internet on screen zero of their smartphones and other connected devices. Glance’s AI-powered personalization enables consumers to enjoy content, products, and services of their choice, all delivered in an intuitive and visually stunning format. Glance is a free-to-use, zero ad platform. For more information visit glance.com
About InMobi Group
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized as a 2018 CNBC Disruptor 50 and one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
About the Role
Glance is looking for a design expert with a disruptive approach to design that brings together empathy for users and understanding of business. As a Lead Designer, you will lead the visual representation and overall identity for Glance. Bringing some of the best design thinking methodology and practices, it is imperative to hold our marketing brand in the highest standards. Ideally, the Lead Designer has that special combination of remarkable creativity and discipline to complete projects in a timely manner. In this role, you will manage a team of talented designers and help develop the Glance brand identity as well as lead on a variety of verticals including Website, Brand, Growth and overall Marketing activities. This is an integral role in our growing marketing team where you should have lots of fun, grow your career, and significantly contribute to the growth of the company.
- Own the overall creative direction on daily basis, inspiring the team through creative thinking and leadership.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, leadership and brand owners to define creative direction for our product.
- Generate excitement and enthusiasm within the team and strive to create a fun and productive culture.
- Possess a deep understanding of new trends driving user expectations and behaviours.
- Understand how user-generated content and experiences are shaping products in the market.
- Partner with consumer insights to break down and understand the underlying motivations, and then driving solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Oversee core design vision and implementation, working directly with designers, product managers, engineers, marketing experts and video designers.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to peers and junior design staff, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skills and knowledge.
- Be accountable and take ownership for quality as well as the results achieved.
- Lead, coach, project manage a talented team of designers to ensure Glance’s visual identity remains world-class and consistent across mediums.
- You are the brand expert and ambassador. You’ll work with a variety of internal teams to ensure brand consistency and compliance. You will define, enforce, and evolve Glance’s brand identity.
- Although you are incredible and can do a lot, you will have help. You’ll project manage and interact with a team of Art directors, Video/Motion designers and Direcctor of design.
- Understand the business priorities and manage various project priorities
- Manage internal stakeholders across business and strategy
- 7+ years experience in a creative role within the B2C industry.
- 2+ years experience in managing a team and mentoring designers
- Experience designing, launching, monitoring and evolving a growing brand
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of User Experience and Visual Experience. Areas of expertise in marketing design, creative thinking and leadership is a must
- Experience inspiring an organization irrespective of reporting lines; a vocal champion of the work that knows when to defend the work and when feedback will make the idea stronger.
- Excellent communication skills -- both written and verbal -- are absolutely critical. Must be able to evangelize the vision for the brand and its projects.
- Welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Is highly organized and can break down complex problems into consumable and actionable pieces for others.
- Able to conceptualize, create, and implement concepts using various tools and technologies.
- You are creative and love a fast-paced environment. You also like to have fun, think big, and take chances
- You have a deep portfolio that demonstrates creative excellence in bringing major brands and products to life. This role is for a highly capable creative leader who can direct internal and external creative resources, and has the composure and communication skill to effectively present to Senior Leadership.