Senior Manager – Growth
Who are we and What do we do?
Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
Glance is an AI-first Screen Zero content discovery platform, and it’s scaled massively in the last few months to one of the largest platforms in India. Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks her phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on more than 120 million mobile phones in India already, and we are only getting started on this journey! We are now into phase 2 of the Glance story - we are going global!
Roposo is part of the Glance family with ~100mn downloads. It is a short video entertainment platform. All the videos created here are user generated (via upload or Roposo creation tools in camera) and there are many communities creating these videos on various themes we call channels. Around 4 million videos are created every month on Roposo and power Roposo channels, some of the channels are - HaHa TV (for comedy videos), News, Beats (for singing/ dance performances) along with a For You (personalized for a user) and Your Feed (for videos of people a user follows).
Our people philosophy is based on development and growth. We believe in hiring exceptionally smart people, setting them up to crazy challenges, giving them freedom to experiment, learn and grow, and celebrate their success. We do things a bit differently at Glance. We don’t have performance appraisals, we have development conversations. We don’t assign ratings and performance bonuses, we give opportunities and ask about aspirations. And when it comes to looking after our people, we go all out. Our people are special, and we make them feel it!
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glanciers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
Why Join Us?
You will contribute to creating disruptive and innovative consumer experiences using technology. We value autonomy, collaboration, technical innovation and results-oriented thinking. Glance’s culture is all about rewarding excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates!
What will you be doing ?
- Understand the needs, motivation, and behaviour of your users and be obsessed with creating delightful experiences for these users
- Ideate, build & execute customer lifecycle campaigns to increase repeat behaviour & drive engagement
- Experimenting with user segments and value propositions to identify segments susceptible to churn / lapsing or to get back dormant users and increase time spent of active users
- Build and maintain a test and learn roadmap to continually iterate
- Track, measure and analyze performance & continuously optimize them
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a high pressure environment to get work done and build positive team relationships
- Responsible for budgeting, medium-term planning
- Provide and implement business-focused solutions within time/cost restraints
What is Expected out of you ?
- 5-9 years’ overall experience in analytics and consumer tech products (preferably app) of scale in India
- At least 4 years of experience in owning key metrics and running experiments to improve retention or engagement for a consumer tech product
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in analyzing user behaviour data and deriving actionable insights
- Working knowledge of databases (SQL, MySQL)
- High energy and positive attitude
- Experience with content, news or social apps would be preferred