Vice President, Growth and Strategy and Operations – InMobi Exchange
Location: New York/San Francisco/London
This is a growth position on our exchange, leading the Growth and Strategy Operations function of our largest and fastest growing revenue engine. In this role, you’ll be a thought partner to the GM of our supply platform and marketplace. You will work closely with the leaders of all functions in the business: sales, business development, account management, regional market leaders, product management, engineering, product marketing, and field marketing.
You and your team will provide the growth focus to bring to life our wild aspirations for the platform. In addition, you will be seen as the strategy arm of this large business and ensure business and operating excellence continues apace to be successful in the long term. You will help us find the right market fit by continuously testing and deploying leveraged channels, using data to inform your decisions. You will be the bridge between clients, partners, and execution teams.
Reporting to you will be 2 people team of high caliber manager/senior manager(s) to assist in your day-to-day work. Some teams and your direct reports are concentrated in Bangalore so some travel will be required, especially to Bangalore where the bulk of our engineering unit sits.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Leverage market intelligence, product performance and growth data, customer insights and service measures to support product and product marketing leaders in developing long-term product strategies and agile roadmaps
- Understand client needs, key metrics, and the competitive landscape through market research and data driven insights to continuously improve the client experience and make recommendations for next horizon business opportunities
- Drive user research to validate and experiment messaging/use cases to help alpha and beta product refinements
- Collaborate with the marketing teams including field marketing, design and digital marketing to build comprehensive budget and plans for content, research, demand generation, PR, brand design and product education, across all major markets.
- Proactively guide the quarterly prioritization and development of mid-funnel content including case studies and white papers critical to building proof points for InMobi’s differentiation, leveraging your understanding of the ecosystem challenges/trends
- Monitor and customize engagement within platforms by leveraging content (in-product messages, notifications, email alerts), analytics (for example, Google Analytics, MixPanel) and other communication tools (Service desk, Chatbots, etc)
- Find and implement creative, unconventional and cost-efficient channels to build customer base and grow the business – this could involve growth loops in the product to shape the product to self-grow
- Ensure our platform has the most efficient tools, systems, and processes to drive sustainable growth
- Report, maintain and forecast all business metric results including customer growth, retention, recurring revenue, engagement, NPS, and margin
- Deliver ad-hoc strategic projects for high-priority initiatives informed by data analysis, customer feedback, and industry trends. Projects will be across legal, finance, Ad operations, and more. Projects could be internally and/or externally facing
- Leading strategic recommendations for new business pitches
- Develop growth strategies to grow the business organically and potentially through acquisitions
- Monitor the marketplace/industry and analyze opportunities; providing competitive analysis, strategies and tactics
- Work closely with the Business Development/sales leadership in optimizing the sales process and monitoring the effectiveness of their efforts
Who you are:
You are passionate not only about solving problems, but about getting to the heart of them in order to solve the best way, not just any way. You have the drive and tenacity to get the job done, and to inspire your team members to do the same.
You have experience of working in an extremely fast-paced and fluid environment where ideas can be obsolete within 6 months or less. You are hands-on in solving business challenges and can prioritize ad hoc tactical asks alongside strategic inputs.
You will have the seniority and gravitas to represent InMobi in the industry alongside senior leaders of the InMobi Marketing Cloud, including market MDs, CTO, CPO and the CEO when meeting with major global enterprises.
- 10-15 years of adtech experience
- BA/BS degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience. An MBA degree is a plus
- Experience in growth marketing and business or product strategy, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team and cross-functionally across time zones
- Ability to influence key stakeholders across regions
- You're never satisfied with the status quo - you are always looking for the next opportunity to improve performance
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
What does InMobi do?
InMobi’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. InMobi has a track record for innovation; we were recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Currently, we provide over 1 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 8 billion advertisements on a daily basis.
What is the InMobi family like?
Our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. Your work is visible, and you have an opportunity to make a real impact on a large organization.
You will work with a very capable and ambitious peer group, who will welcome you with open heart and will go extra mile to make you successful. We believe that learning is a lifelong commitment, so we invest significantly in your development using internal and external resources.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stocks
- Quality medical, vision, dental
- Flexible working hours
- Lunches provided
- Gym stipend
- Healthy time off through a combination of PTO, sick days, and company-wide holidays
- A friendly, supportive working family to call your team
InMobi is an equal opportunity employer
InMobi is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we invite you to apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to get to work every day.
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.