Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi is a global provider of enterprise platform for marketers. Our platforms help Marketers reach nearly 1.56 billion unique users through mobile to help them engage, acquire, re-engage, re-market and retain valuable users. InMobi is also India’s first unicorn and one of the only profitable global tech-product companies to emerge out of India.
At 20+ offices across the globe, InMobi employs over 1000 personnel constituting 25 nationalities. Acclaimed for its culture, InMobi has consecutively featured on the Great Places to Work (GPTW) list, with a consistent hold in the Top 50 position for the past two years. Moreover, these accolades are not just restricted to India, InMobi has also secured a ranking on the GPTW’s 2017 China List, a notable feat for an Indian startup.
InMobi has also regularly featured on world disruptor lists – MIT Technology Review’s 2013 50 Disruptive Companies; Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, 2018; CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list of 2018, here InMobi was selected amongst a pool of more than 980 forward-thinking and ambitiou private companies across the globe, we now share this space with the likes of SpaceX, Airbnb, Uber and so on.
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and are on an accelerated path of being a leader in enterprise software for marketers. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer you an opportunity to work on building enterprise platforms that require you to acquire, hone and demonstrate your engineering skills in designing and solving for complex problems, thereby creating software that creates value for our customers in a very reliable, scalable, secure and AI-first manner. At InMobi, you get to work on cutting-edge technologies, work closely with business teams and grow as an overall technology leader.
Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
About Customer Data Platform (CDP):
(Organize- Integrate- Enrich- Segment - Act on Data- Drive ROI)
- Get Your Customer Data in One Place - Use InMobi CDP to organize first-party customer data across multiple digital touchpoints on a single platform. Capture data across customer attributes such as PI, Anonymized data, location, device ID, online visits, transactions. Have data, will onboard.
- Create a True Single Customer View- Create a unified view of your customer by consolidating and curating user data. Consolidate customer activity into a single profile as they move along the marketing funnel.
- Know More About Every Customer- Combine first-party customer data with second and third-party data to further enrich your understanding of customers. Effectively personalize your marketing communications with these insights.
- Build Unique Customer Segments- Combine your data with strategic data sources such as telco data, e-commerce insights or InMobi network data on the platform. Build highly unique and meaningful segments for media buying, audience extension or customer insights.
- Activate Marketing Campaigns Seamlessly- Benefit from InMobi's connected platforms across advertising and marketing clouds. Engage with consumers across paid, owned and earned media channels to maximize lifetime value of customers through personalization.
- Deliver High Impact Messages Through Prediction- Go beyond rule-based automation and optimization technique. InMobi's prediction algorithms learn from historical engagement patterns and help pick the channel and messaging that will deliver the highest impact and drive ROI
What will you be doing?
- Building InMobi Customer Data Platform, dealing with petabytes of data.
- Innovating new / unique ways to solve known and unknown problems.
- Responsible for solving high complexity issues at a system / domain / vertical level.
- Responsible for resolution/ escalations within the area of expertise.
- Using independent judgment in selection of alternative courses of action.
What you will learn in your InMobi experience?
You will learn how to design and build models for specific business problems. You will learn to start a model design by anchoring in the business context and end user needs. You will learn how to connect model impact with real and measurable business impact.
You will work in a multi-functional team environment. You will collaborate and benefit from the skills of a diverse group of individuals from teams such as engineering, product, business, campaign management and creative development.
You will have the opportunity to experiment with multiple algorithms. Enduring learning comes from building, launching and reviewing performance of a particular algorithm; from asking why something worked or why it did not work; from asking how to tailor techniques to fit the problem at hand. We have an environment that makes this possible at speed.
Importantly, you will learn to become creative in designing models to be successful. Model design is not one-size-fits. Our models need to fit our particular problems, and be modified to perform. Tougher problems require layers of models, and feedback mechanisms in a dynamic environment such as ours.
We are a company that innovates and demonstrates our thought leadership to the world, whether in products, research papers or conferences – there are many opportunities for you to shine.
What do we expect from you?
- We are looking for PhD or Master’s in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or Economics.
- Ideally you would have 5+ years of industry experience working in Data Science teams. You would have applied algorithms and techniques from Machine Learning, Statistics, Time Series or other domains in solving real world problems and understand the practical issues of using these algorithms especially on large datasets.
- You should be comfortable with software programming and statistical platforms such as R, Python, Java etc.
- You should be comfortable with the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience in Apache Spark will be a bonus.
- You would be comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- You would have excellent technical and business communication skills and should know how to present technical ideas in a simple manner to business counterparts.
- Experience in applying Data Science in digital advertising is a plus but not a necessity.
- We are looking for people with a high degree of curiosity and ability to rapidly learn new subjects and systems.
- You will also be able to effectively create research agendas and communicate innovations to the rest of the organisation, and outside InMobi.