Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi is a global provider of enterprise platform for marketers. Our platforms help Marketers reach 1.56 billion unique users through mobile to help them engage, acquire, re-engage, re-market and retain valuable users. InMobi is also India’s first unicorn and one of the only profitable global tech-product companies to emerge out of India.
At 20+ offices across the globe, InMobi employs over 1000 personnel constituting 25 nationalities. Acclaimed for its culture, InMobi has consecutively featured on the Great Places to Work (GPTW) list, with a consistent hold in the Top 50 position for the past two years. Moreover, these accolades are not just restricted to India, InMobi has also secured a ranking on the GPTW’s 2017 China List, a notable feat for an Indian startup.
InMobi has also regularly featured on world disruptor lists – MIT Technology Review’s 2013 50 Disruptive Companies; Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, 2018; CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list of 2018, here InMobi was selected amongst a pool of more than 980 forward-thinking and ambitiou private companies across the globe, we now share this space with the likes of SpaceX, Airbnb, Uber and so on.
What is the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise to challenges, the innovative products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and are on an accelerated path of being a leader in enterprise software for marketers. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer you an opportunity to work on building enterprise platforms that require you to acquire, hone and demonstrate your engineering skills in designing and solving for complex problems, thereby creating software that creates value for our customers in a reliable, scalable, secure, and AI-first manner. At InMobi, you get to work on innovative technologies, work closely with business teams and grow as an overall technology leader.
Modern work environment, flexible schedule, and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym, or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What is the team like?
We are the Reporting and Analytics (RnA) team of InMobi. We strive to build an ever-evolving platform that can transform the raw data into actionable business insights for its consumers. This is a platform team that enjoys a unique opportunity to understand and interact with all lines of business within InMobi for their reporting and analytics requirements. The current microservices-based architecture of the platform and a great mix of technologies stack to work with Big Data provides a great opportunity for a developer to excel technically.
The current platform’s technical stack includes working with components from the Hadoop ecosystem for handling big data, J2EE and Python/Django based frameworks for analytics on the big data, caching focused frameworks for faster responses, stacks like Druid for interactive analytics, closely working with DWH systems like Snowflake and using distributed SQL query engine: Presto. The services are deployed in the Azure Cloud and using the latest deployment platforms & strategies like Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS)
What will you be doing?
- Building InMobi Reporting Platform, dealing with terabytes of data.
- Innovating new / unique ways to solve known and unknown problems.
- Responsible for solving high complexity issues at a system / domain / vertical level.
- Responsible for resolution/ escalations within the area of expertise.
- Using independent judgment in selection of alternative courses of action.
What do we expect from you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- 4-7 years of strong product development experience in building massively large-scale distributed internet systems and products
- Excellent Java and Python programming skills and expertise in multi-threading and performance-oriented programming.
- Decent programming skills on Scala
- Strong computer fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience and knowledge of open-source software, frameworks, and broader innovative technologies around server-side development in Java and Python
- Good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of highly scalable & distributed system for building audience targeting capabilities
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
- Decent understanding of the Cloud infrastructure
Nice to have skills
- Experience of online advertising domain
- Good experience in working with Hadoop and Big Data technologies like HDFS, Hive, Spark and NoSQL systems
- Experience of working on massively large-scale data systems in production environments
- Experience in leveraging user data for behavioral targeting and ad-relevance
- Experience of Big Data analytics domain
- Experience of building products that are powered by data and insights