Who are we and What do we do?
We help advertisers reach and engage with their target audience globally. We do this through a deep understanding of people, which is enabled through our algorithms that respect privacy. Today, some of the world's largest brands, agencies, developers, and publishers are creating great value by using our platforms to deliver a compelling proposition to their target consumers.
Currently, we provide over 1 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 8 billion advertisements on a daily basis. That's 1 advertisement for every individual in the world - And we're working on taking this number to more than 1 for every individual that's ever walked the earth!
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have immediate impact with the company and our products. Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What is the team like?
Coming out of the silos and working with complete visibility of the end-to-end ad network system. Flexibility to work on any areas of your choice - Demand, Supply, Data, Audience, Fraud Detection etc. In Tech terms - Building and managing robust Transactional systems, High QPS serving systems, Efficient Data pipelines/ streaming systems,, integrated user interfaces.
• Be part of the small and high impacting team
• Opportunity to take bigger roles/responsibilities at early stage
• Be part of re-designing the whole ad-network to make it more optimized and powerful and meeting right goal i.e. "Meet Demand/Advertisers KPIs", "Meet Supply/Publisher KPIs" and "Maximize InMobi margin"
• Good opportunities to use your DS, ML skills on solving practical problems
What will you be doing?
- Manage team of high caliber Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable distributed systems
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Engineers at different levels of experience
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software
- Drive improvements in software engineering practices across engineering teams
- Contribute to design, architecture, and delivery of a feature or component/product with the highest quality by collaborating with architects
- Driving innovations in the platform constantly & remaining ahead of the curve
- Collaborates effectively with cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Estimates efforts, identify risks, devices and meets project schedules
- Runs review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues on time
- Provide functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise with-in team and cross-team.
- Mentors/coaches engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them
- Rises above detail to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team.
What do we expect from you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- 9+ years of strong design/development experience in building massively large scaledistributed internet systems and products
- 6+ years’ experience leading engineering teams (including a combination of experience hiring, mentoring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership and design guidance)
- Good experience in working with Hadoop and Big Data technologies like HDFS, Pig, Hive, Storm, HBase, Scribe, Zookeeper and NoSQL systems etc
- Excellent Java programming skills and expertise in multi-threading and performance oriented programming.
- Excellent computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Excellent data structures & algorithms skills
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java and Big Data
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively scalable & distributed system
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
Nice to have skills
- Experience of online advertising domain
- Experience in leverage user data for behavioural targeting & ad-relevance
- Experience of building products that are powered by data & insights
- Experience in data sciences & machine learning
- Experience of working on massively large scale data systems