Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
What’s the InMobi family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What do we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for InMobi and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At InMobi, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What will you be doing?
InMobi’s Customer Data Platform (CDP) is the central data management platform across its products (DSP, SSP, Audiences, Pulse) with the following capabilities
- Multi Tenanted data storage and processing capabilities with support for RBAC, Audit and real-time lookups
- Self-Serve Segmentation and Analytics capabilities with an intuitive SQL based rule engine and PowerBi dashboards
- Integrated ML Platform for privacy-compliant model lifecycle management, supporting use cases such as Lookalike modeling, Demographics Prediction, Home / Work Inferences and others
- Import – Export framework to support data syndications at scale with customized frequency to multiple destinations
- True to the AWS evolution, we built the CDP to solve for our use cases of a highly scalable, flexible user store that can solve for various use cases and as a part of this development have built something that we believe can be built into a business. We are looking for someone who can come in, steer the Product to evolve for serving as a scaled platform for Internal use cases to eventually becoming a stand-alone viable product/offering.
Role requirement & expectation:
As Director of Product Management for InMobi’s Customer Data Platform, you would be expected to undertake the following
- Work with Product and Engineering stakeholders across InMobi’s products (DSP, SSP, Pulse and Glance) to identify their requirements on the CDP
- Abstract the requirements into relatively generic capabilities which are both executable in the short term as well as serves multiple use cases. The intent would be to build capabilities which have a multiplier effect across InMobi’s products
- Prepare roadmaps for the CDP, basis the capability requirements identified above, prioritized on business impact
- Build the CDP into a best of the breed, mobile first, external facing SaaS product in NA and APMEA markets
- Devise an integrated GTM strategy, leveraging the synergies with InMobi’s product suite and existing customer base
- Continuously drive cost efficiencies by making smart product choices and leveraging the cloud platform capabilities to optimize the cost per dollar of data processed and support engineering overhead
- Leverage Machine Learning extensively to transform the input raw signals at a user level into higher order abstractions which may be easily leveraged by our customers. An example would be transforming raw GPS signals from the mobile devices to Place Visits and Place Category level affinities, refining the intelligence at each step.
- Build on our internal ML Engine (Sigma) to assess if it can become a standalone offering that competes /compliments other such ML infrastructure platforms / offerings.
- Assess if we can put some of these components back into Open source community.
- Lead the GTM for the CDP product. Develop hypothesis on Product Market Fit and help land the first 10 paying, external customers for the product.
What is expected out of you ?
- Deep understanding of the mobile ecosystem, specifically building data products at the scale of billions of events per day
- Understanding of Big Data and Cloud First Products in sufficient technical detail to appreciate trade offs amongst options
- Stakeholder Management at an executive level as well as with peers who leverage the platform
- Being updated on latest industry trends with respect to the MarTech SaaS ecosystem as well as in depth knowledge of the changing Privacy landscape and regulations
- People Management skills, managing 2-3 direct reports across levels and growing their careers