Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
What’s the InMobi family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What do we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for InMobi and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At InMobi, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What is the team like?
The Program Manager will be responsible for the seamless delivery of releases in the business unit and/or platforms, working with the engineering owners, engineering teams, product team and operations counterparts. You will be the custodian of the governance structure for the releases in the business unit (meetings, status reports, dashboards). You would also foster an Agile Culture in the organization and enable the project teams to deliver faster and frequently. You are the single point of contact for release related status and health. You will also be responsible for coaching/mentoring of existing development managers/leads and the teams on the project management methodology as it is implemented and used during the project development life cycle.
What will you be doing?
- Organize and facilitate the release meetings, planning, release stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives and demos
- Ensure that the PRDs are available on time from the product owners for engineering to pick up for planning and execution; Review the PRDs along with the Engineering leader with respect to clarity & comprehensiveness.
- Ensure a strong metrics focused approach is applied in the project planning and delivery
- Implement SDLC for new software development and ensure conformance (could be a hybrid of iterative and incremental development and traditional)
- Ensure that the teams are updating project-tracking systems to provide visibility and transparency on the releases
- Highlight the risks, the schedule, effort, scope variances as and when they occur and help the engineering owner with enough insights to take informed decisions
- Support the development managers and project leads as necessary during the entire process of planning through delivery (in terms of tooling and visibility)
- Possess excellent communication skills providing transparency and enabling information radiators
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussions and conflict resolutions during planning meetings and other sprint meetings
- Organize demos ahead of releases and ensure relevant signoffs are obtained before the deliverables go live
- Participate in developing release plans (sequencing) with identifiable critical paths, task dependencies, major milestones
- Focus on quality of deliverables across all the releases and highlight any risks
- Plan the risks for the entire set of releases and communicate them frequently
- Coordinate with the required dependent teams to help the engineering owner tie up all the deliverables and arrive at the launch dates
- Track the feedback from retrospectives (PPA – Post Project Analysis) and keep the control system operational with the feedback
- Effective status reporting to all the stakeholders based on the agreed upon frequency.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master (or equivalent agile certification) with 8+ years project management and at least 4+ years as Scrum Master / Agile Manager in an Agile PLM setup
- PMI Certification is a plus (can substitute for the Agile certifications)
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle, the various prioritization techniques involved in product planning
- Strong understanding of the various metrics to be tracked across the entire lifecycle
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level so that they can be effectively communicated across teams
- Assertive and willing to make the tough calls when needed
- Excellent team player and team builder
- Championing continuous improvement in the workspace and the projects to drive efficiency
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline and time zone sensitive work environment
- Experience with mobile technology and media industry desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse cultural teams
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines and be able to communicate the delays well ahead of the time it occurs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Leadership mindset and sphere of influence across functions