Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi is a global provider of enterprise platform for marketers. Our platforms help Marketers reach nearly 1.56 billion unique users through mobile to help them engage, acquire, re-engage, re-market and retain valuable users. InMobi is also India’s first unicorn and one of the only profitable global tech-product companies to emerge out of India.
At 20+ offices across the globe, InMobi employs over 1000 personnel constituting 25 nationalities. Acclaimed for its culture, InMobi has consecutively featured on the Great Places to Work (GPTW) list, with a consistent hold in the Top 50 position for the past two years. Moreover, these accolades are not just restricted to India, InMobi has also secured a ranking on the GPTW’s 2017 China List, a notable feat for an Indian startup.
InMobi has also regularly featured on world disruptor lists – MIT Technology Review’s 2013 50 Disruptive Companies; Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, 2018; CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list of 2018, here InMobi was selected amongst a pool of more than 980 forward-thinking and ambitiou private companies across the globe, we now share this space with the likes of SpaceX, Airbnb, Uber and so on.
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and are on an accelerated path of being a leader in enterprise software for marketers. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer you an opportunity to work on building enterprise platforms that require you to acquire, hone and demonstrate your engineering skills in designing and solving for complex problems, thereby creating software that creates value for our customers in a very reliable, scalable, secure and AI-first manner. At InMobi, you get to work on cutting-edge technologies, work closely with business teams and grow as an overall technology leader.
Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What is the team like?
The Program Manager will be responsible for the seamless delivery of releases in the business unit and/or platforms, working with the engineering owners, engineering teams, product team and operations counterparts. You will be the custodian of the governance structure for the releases in the business unit (meetings, status reports, dashboards). You would also foster an Agile Culture in the organization and enable the project teams to deliver faster and frequently. You are the single point of contact for release related status and health. You will also be responsible for coaching/mentoring of existing development managers/leads and the teams on the project management methodology as it is implemented and used during the project development life cycle.
What will you be doing?
- Organize and facilitate the release meetings, planning, release stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives and demos
- Ensure that the PRDs are available on time from the product owners for engineering to pick up for planning and execution; Review the PRDs along with the Engineering leader with respect to clarity & comprehensiveness.
- Ensure a strong metrics focused approach is applied in the project planning and delivery
- Implement SDLC for new software development and ensure conformance (could be a hybrid of iterative and incremental development and traditional)
- Ensure that the teams are updating project-tracking systems to provide visibility and transparency on the releases
- Highlight the risks, the schedule, effort, scope variances as and when they occur and help the engineering owner with enough insights to take informed decisions
- Support the development managers and project leads as necessary during the entire process of planning through delivery (in terms of tooling and visibility)
- Possess excellent communication skills providing transparency and enabling information radiators
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussions and conflict resolutions during planning meetings and other sprint meetings
- Organize demos ahead of releases and ensure relevant signoffs are obtained before the deliverables go live
- Participate in developing release plans (sequencing) with identifiable critical paths, task dependencies, major milestones
- Focus on quality of deliverables across all the releases and highlight any risks
- Plan the risks for the entire set of releases and communicate them frequently
- Coordinate with the required dependent teams to help the engineering owner tie up all the deliverables and arrive at the launch dates
- Track the feedback from retrospectives (PPA – Post Project Analysis) and keep the control system operational with the feedback
- Effective status reporting to all the stakeholders based on the agreed upon frequency.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master (or equivalent agile certification) with 8+ years project management and at least 4+ years as Scrum Master / Agile Manager in an Agile PLM setup
- PMI Certification is a plus (can substitute for the Agile certifications)
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle, the various prioritization techniques involved in product planning
- Strong understanding of the various metrics to be tracked across the entire lifecycle
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level so that they can be effectively communicated across teams
- Assertive and willing to make the tough calls when needed
- Excellent team player and team builder
- Championing continuous improvement in the workspace and the projects to drive efficiency
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline and time zone sensitive work environment
- Experience with mobile technology and media industry desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse cultural teams
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines and be able to communicate the delays well ahead of the time it occurs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Leadership mindset and sphere of influence across functions