Product Manager - Glance
About InMobi & working with us :
InMobi is not just another mobile advertising company. We are a technology powerhouse. We are leading the industry by building a superior mobile ecosystem. We build mobile-first customer engagement platforms that transform the economics of influencing global consumers. Our focus on understanding consumer behaviour and leveraging big-data to predict their actions enables us to offer unique mobile advertising solutions.
Today, the world's largest brands, agencies, developers and publishers are creating immediate business value by using our platforms to deliver compelling value propositions to their target consumers. We have award-winning creative teams, innovative solutions and products, combined with big data analytic capabilities that process 100s of terabytes of data daily to enable our customers make real-time decisions and gain the most value from their investment.
Our people philosophy is based on development and growth. We believe in hiring exceptionally smart people, setting them up to crazy challenges, giving them freedom to experiment, learn and grow, and celebrate their success. We do things a bit differently at InMobi. We don’t have performance appraisals, we have development conversations. We don’t assign ratings and performance bonuses, we give opportunities and ask about aspirations. And when it comes to taking care of our people, we go all out. Our chef managed cafeteria is open from Breakfast to Dinner. We have an onsite spa that’s free for all employees. Kids and pets are welcome to our office. Our insurance plans cover both parents and in-laws... Our people are special and we make them feel it!
Glance is InMobi’s consumer offering, designed to be a content discovery product for lockscreen. Glance is distributed to consumers as a preloaded lockscreen feature, and currently boasts of millions of users in India, with high time spent per day on the product.
Glance is truly building India’s first product and tech stack for AI driven content creation and recommendation, for users across the world.
Product Management at InMobi & Glance :
Our Product Managers do all of the usual things that product managers usually do (become subject matter experts, design products, write PRDs, educate sales teams, manage development timelines and track deliveries), but they do it at one of the fastest growing companies in the space with a truly global footprint.
Product Managers at Glance, are the voice of the consumer, in ensuring that we prioritize and build experiences and features that keep moving up Glance in utility and engagement for the user.
Our Product Managers need to be extremely agile and on top of technology. They need to think big and multi-task. They should be able to deal with ambiguity, in fact, thrive in it.
Job Description :
Product Managers in the Glance team at InMobi spend their time in:
- Talking to users and continuously building hypotheses and ideas to drive user behavior (30%)
- Data crunching and working with analyst teams to validate hypotheses and ensure products are delivering promised value (20%)
- Working with engineers and peers to build next generation of consumer offerings on Glance, for example live content on Glance, location based content on Glance, or Gaming products on Glance etc. (30%)
- Being the domain and ecosystem experts to ensure InMobi is a step ahead in the game (20%)
What do we expect from you?
- A strong bias for action. Willingness to dot the i's and cross the t's to make the product successful.
- Understanding and empathy for user behavior, needs, desires and triggers, and ability to marry the same with clear data driven hypothesis validation
- 2+ years in Product Mgmt, building or managing consumer products and having driven meaningful outcomes using analytics
- Overall experience of 4 years.
- Ability to formulate a clear point-of-view on hard and ambiguous problems, and execute on the same
- Ability to multi-task and work with a diverse set of stakeholders
Bachelors or Masters in an analytical or technical field; MBA desired.