WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Epic Games Store Operations team builds resources, processes, tools and experiences that make the experience of publishing products on the Epic Games Store smooth, easy, and enjoyable. We call the developers and publishers who publish on our store partners and concentrate our energy on forming great partnerships with them. We own the outcome of a great experience for our partners, and drive initiatives with multiple teams (including product development, marketing, business development, accounting and release management) in support of that goal. We are empowered to make the experience the best it can be for our partners.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Operations Manager on the Epic Games Store, you will begin your journey as the subject matter expert for EGS products and storefront content policies. Collaborating with Publishing, Development, Design, Operations, and Epic Trust & Safety teams, you will develop EGS content standards and policies, implement escalation and content review processes, tools, education/best practices, and scalability plans in continuous alignment with the EGS vision and roadmap as well as the Epic global moderation standards set forth by Epic’s Trust & Safety team. You will ensure that our partner experience regarding product moderation is always best in class, policies are clearly communicated and accessible, and evolving as necessary. You will be the voice of the partner and EGS business when it comes to moderations, content review, and escalations.
In This Role You Will
- Own - Build and maintain EGS content policies, processes, guidelines, runbooks, escalations and appeals process, and edge case scenario planning. Manage relationship with Epic Trust & Safety team, liaising with internal stakeholders and partners regarding all things related to EGS content moderation and content reviews
- Collaborate - Partner with stakeholders such as publishing, developers, community, operations and Epic Trust & Safety to ensure continuous alignment with the EGS vision and content strategy. Work closely with Epic Trust & Safety team to optimize process and policy for quality, accuracy and efficiency, as well as optimize for global coverage during this time of EGS growth
- Execute - Be the business owner for the results of EGS content policy execution. Work directly with the Epic Trust & Safety team to collect data and analytics and identify issues for escalation or resourcing, make necessary adjustments to documentation, policy, and partner education to provide creators and partners with the best store experience possible. Define and maintain appropriate and effective SLA’s alongside high quality reviews
What We're Looking For
- Experience as a Content Moderation or Operations Lead managing or working with a globally distributed team of internal resources as well as external resources
- Proven track record for creating and driving improvements and optimizations in teams, services, tools, processes and policies
- Independent, self motivated, collaborative, and able to lead projects from conception to completion
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, in game industry or entertainment industries
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Mentally strong and having a keen emotional intelligence
- Flexibility and the ability to delivery excellence amidst constant change
- Driven to do great work, and leave things better than found
- Passionate about doing the right thing, not afraid to say NO and knowing how to take calculated risks to create maximum impact
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.