WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for a full-time Test Lead on one of our Fortnite test teams. The person in this role will manage the testers and test processes involved in our testing efforts along with assisting in risk assessment and mitigation. They will be required to work within existing processes, while simultaneously finding ways to upgrade and innovate the processes that currently exist. They will be ultimately accountable for supervising test teams, providing individuals with mentorship and career development, all the while balancing workloads from multiple sources. If you are comfortable in a fast paced environment, capable of navigating interpersonal quandaries, and have the desire to develop world class QA talent, then we would love to talk to you.
In this role, you will
- Sheperd testing process for their assigned Project
- Supervising day to day tasking of upto 15 Testers.
- Set expectations for Testers; Mentor, Develope, and Evaluate testers on their performance and growth plans.
- Prioritize testing to meet development deadlines
- Communicate status of testing back to Stakeholders
- Escalates issues to the right owners so major issues are visible and handled promptly .
- Ensures their team maintains the company standard for bug quality and test execution.
- Improving team processes through feedback.
- Troubleshooting system and hardware issues in order to unblock testing.
- Able to perform test gap analysis and communicate this information to QA Analysts and /or QA leads.
- Communicates with multiple parties to facilitate the flow of information from dev teams to test teams.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of testing experience in fast-paced environments, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- 1+ year(s) of professional leadership experience.
- 3+ months of professional management experience.
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, including functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development.
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with product owners and developers on technical topics and features.
- Excellent reporting skills for assembling data in an easily-digestible format.
- Test Planning skills for projecting test coverage needs in advance, while remaining flexible to cover urgent requests.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.