WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
As a Writer on the Creative Writing Service Team you will assist in developing unique and engaging story content. You will work collaboratively with teams across multiple disciplines, delivering content tailored to each team's specific needs. Most importantly, you help will create and develop characters and experiences that will resonate with players for years to come.
In this role, you will
- Work directly with the Lead Writer to create content for Fortnite and additional Epic projects
- Write quest content for Fortnite: Battle Royale
- Provide additional writing support as needed
- Provide naming support for cosmetic content
- Create written content across departments as needed
- Assist in script production
What we're looking for
- Experience with comedic writing, and a drive to create uniquely funny scripts.
- Ability to write in multiple styles and formats including - in-game vo scripts and written assets, animated shorts, trailers, video content, and stage demos.
- Collaborative mindset and a willingness to iterate rapidly.
- Experience delivering quality content on a tight deadline
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of Fortnite’s tone and style
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America including:
Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
Austin, Texas (Remote)
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.