WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Epic Games Japan is looking for a Support Engineer to join the team and assist with the Unreal Engine mainly for M&E industry. Duties will also include assistance for Epic Game’s efforts to provide Japanese localized tools and documentation.
In This Role You Will
- Assist with Unreal Engine license efforts including but not limited to live Unreal Engine demonstrations, arranging evaluations, providing pre- and post-license technical support, evangelizing the Unreal Engine at tradeshows
- Assist in the creation of support documentation on the Unreal Developer Network website, as well as specialized support documentation, videos, and samples for the Japanese market
- Helping partners ship high quality titles on time
- Helping improve efficiency of development for our customers by navigating and solving problems
What We're Looking For
- Strong C++ skills
- Great knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Expertise in film & television or live-broadcast practices and processes
- Strong understanding of multiple aspects of the Unreal Editor including the creation of sophisticated Editor Blueprints, Sequencer workflows, LiveLink, and nDisplay
- Desire to both teach others and learn new techniques, becoming the industry expert on new features and practices as they arise
- Technical customer service experience
- Self-starter who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to set up systems to smooth the road from eval to license
- Ability to present complex technical issues in a one-to-many situation such as trade shows, Unreal Fest, presentations at developer studios etc.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues via e-mail or face-to-face
- Native level Japanese in writing and speaking; business level English in writing and speaking
#LI - WZ1
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.