Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be architecting and creating robust, scalable, and secure microservices that power our SaaS platform and make governance easy for our customers. You’ll have the full power of AWS at your disposal to build Serverless solutions (either brand new, or assisting in migrating services to Serverless), typically in TypeScript. As part of our core governance teams, you and the team will fully own their services (from code to deployment and monitoring), you’ll drive the architecture discussions, and regularly demo to the entire department.
- Design and implement secure and scalable solutions using AWS Serverless technology
- Develop high quality code (e.g. adhering to SOLID principles) with plenty of tests and observability baked-in.
- Work with different teams and help them in optimizing their development, and delivery experience, so you and the team can be as productive as possible and regularly deploy to production
- Coach and mentor less senior developers, provide guidance on technical designs, and provide constructive code reviews so everyone can grow and learn alongside you
- Experience in a technical leadership role.
- Strong ability to architect for product requirements and implement them in a simple and efficient manner
- Solid foundation in system architecture, API, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing complex, scalable, fault- tolerant, high-performance microservices for SaaS platform.
- Strive to push forward our Serverless tech vision and are an advocate for engineering best practices
- Experience in technical leadership and guiding other developers to improve product quality and team efficiency.
- Experience working in Agile development and knowledge of Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience in providing the solution to various use case/ business problems using various cloud services like AWS, Azure to build enterprise level application.
- Experience in creating single page applications with React/Angular and working with backend services using Node JS/Typescript.
Why you’ll love working here
- You’ll be working in a Serverless organization that strives to primarily develop solutions in a Serverless fashion on AWS.
- You’ll be rapidly learning with our structured training programs and our company culture that emphasizes continuous teaching and coaching.
- You’ll have a high impact in the world by building software that improves the daily experience of employees and citizens all around the world.
- You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, paid days off to volunteer in your community, and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.