CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We're changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city's major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Operations Manager responsible for managing the strategic operations within the functional areas of receiving, shipping, storage/distribution of goods, and customer delivery of our new kitchen located in Los Angeles.
You will be working closely with the Market Director and Sr. Kitchen Manager to grow a cross-functional team, roll out new initiatives and build the operation for future scale. Great leadership and problem-solving ability are essential– you’ll manage a local team and ensure operational excellence.
The key to the role will be positioning fulfillment operations for growth.
This is a full-time hire.
- Manage day-to-day operations and hold a high level of accountability as a leader in your team, while constantly pushing to meet targets and creating operational efficiencies.
- You'll be partnering with other teams such as Customer Experience, Engineering, and Product to develop strong processes to minimize errors and ensure maximum productivity.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple complex projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Insure continuous improvement to safety, quality, cost, and delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the warehouse
- Map out, drive and continuously improve the day-to-day operations in a hyper-growth environment, effectively engaging, motivating and directing the team to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of customer orders
- Implement a solid and efficient process and procedures for essential warehouse functions (receiving, shipping, and distribution) to ensure high productivity
- 4+ years background in building/improving warehouse management
- Comprehensive background in Production, Shipping, Receiving, and Warehousing (e-commerce and food delivery industries preferred)
- Effective project management skills, well-versed in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement
- Experience using large databases and e-commerce framework (we use Magento and OnFleet)
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills. Being able to speak conversational Spanish and/or another language is a plus!
- You should be able to travel at least 1 month to our HQ in NYC to receive training before we launch
- Healthcare: 75% of insurance cost
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits
- Gym reimbursement
- Nutritionist: 1 session per month with in house nutritionist.
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.