CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we are looking for
This Data Analyst role is on our Chef Success, and reports up to our Chef and Menu Success Manager, who is located in the US, and will play an instrumental role in understanding and improving changes in Chef menu composition and sales, customer ratings and reviews, and current processes for consolidating and distributing this information. This role will collaborate with other teams to accelerate the buildout of digital tools, systems, and process intended for platform Chefs as the company expands.
By working with teams across the CookUnity ecosystem, this person will provide insights that can improve current Chefs' meal and business performance. The role will contribute in the creation and analysis of reports, and will be in charge of improving the CU Chef experience by automating and creating processes for manually repetitive tasks.
You will join a dynamic and data-driven team and will be in close contact to different Tech and Operations teams such as Supply Chain, Sustainability & Standards, Business Operations and Expansion.
This is a full-time hire.
Conduct in-depth analysis to gather insightful data on customer trends and uncover opportunities for improving our products
Support weekly and monthly reporting to Chefs teams, and internal cross-functional CU teams
Present insights and recommendations to stakeholders using high-quality visualizations and concise messaging.
Develop dashboards to inform business decisions with an emphasis on automation and scalability
Generate automatic reports to track and drive KPI improvements and performance metrics
Define, analyze and validate key data trends to improve decision-making processes and measure the success of diverse product initiatives
Build models to predict customer behavior and better understand the business drivers.
Collaborate with Engineering to advance data infrastructure and governance
Work with Product Managers and Operations Leadership to translate Chef, business and customer goals into analytics initiatives
Identify opportunities for product changes and/or experiments based on data analysis and proactively share these opportunities with the Chef Success and other cross-functional teams.
- 2+ years of experience in the analytics field
- Since our HQ are located in USA, an excellent level of English is required
- You have technical proficiency with data management, SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with business intelligence solutions (Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView)
- Familiarity with attribution model/tools
- Basic R or Python skills (not required, but it's a plus)
- Understanding of ETL, data warehousing, and data modeling concepts and practices (we are building our warehouse on Snowflake)
- You are able to frame the right problem, generate and prioritize ideas, involving key stakeholders in the process
- You have excellent communication skills, especially when it comes to articulate business logic to technical partners
- You are DO-er. You get things done with others and across teams with a problem-solving mindset
- You enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- USD compensation.
- Paid time off:15 business days + 16 National Holidays (Argentina).
- English lessons and meditation sessions.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Awesome opportunity to join a fast-growing company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you're interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!