CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Sustainability & Standards Manager to work alongside the Operations team, leading the implementation of sustainability strategies and programs across the entire organization in an effort to maximize impact and innovation, aligned with CookUnity’s mission.
The position will be responsible for implementing CookUnity's Sustainability Programs in all our markets and locations, ensuring continuous alignment with corporate Sustainability vision and North Star, business strategy, operations roadmap, and brand & marketing goals.
Priority mapping, relationship building, goal setting, and progress monitoring will be critical for success.
- Implement Sustainability Standards in each Marketplace and follow up the progress to ensure the accomplishment of their requirements and regulations.
- Develop and lead implementation Plans for all our markets, and prepare them to receive Sustainability's certification audits; lead the audits.
- Develop Sustainability Standards & Programs and maintain updated (frequently review) the existing ones.
- Coordinate internal audits and audit periodically each Marketplace, developing reports and improvement plans with deviations from Sustainability Standards, to enforce corrective actions as necessary, till elimination of the root cause.
- Support and guide each Marketplace when required.
- Develop Training plans & train all level teams to accomplish and perform their tasks as required.
- Maintain problem-solving and troubleshooting skills for manufacturing concerns/issues.
- University degree with a Sustainability and/or Food orientation (ex: Environmental Engineer, Industrial Engineering, Food Engineering, Food Technologist, Chemical Engineering, among others)
- +5 years of experience in Sustainability management or similar roles.
- Strong experience in implementation of Sustainability Standards & Programs, to ensure the coherence between documentation and practice in the facility.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, with previous experience in training/coaching
- Experience leading inspection and audit in Sustainability Programs (Waste Management, Reduce, Reuse & Recycling Program, Footprint zero, among others) and development of Sustainability plans to follow deviations and eliminate the root cause.
- Strong research and analytical skills (projects, competitive analysis of sustainability standards, ingredients upgrade, vendors, partnerships & memberships, among others)
- Ability to motivate and inspire the team to achieve goals and strive for excellence.
- Strong oral and written communication, bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Flexibility to travel (is a position that requires visiting our different locations frequently.
- USD compensation
- PTO: 15 business days + 16 National Holidays (Argentina)
- English lessons and meditation sessions
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for the primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Awesome opportunity to join a fast-growing company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!