CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
Your Team - Operations Technology
The Operations Technology squad builds and maintains all of the tools and processes required to ensure that our chef designed meals reach eaters on time in great condition. This includes ensuring the meal is reliably routed through the internal CookUnity packing process, assigning it to the right logistics partner. From the time the meal leaves the hands of the chef team, it’s up to CookUnity to ensure it reaches its destination safely every day through smart software, good process.
Some of the best Chefs in America will be your close collaborators. Not only CookUnity's "rising stars", but also the well-known Chefs we've partnered with this year as part of our Creators Club (e.g. Pierre Thiam, Esther Choi, JJ Johnson, Ali Maffucci, Marc Forgione, Einat Admony, and more!).
The Role - Tech Lead
As the Tech Lead you own the tactical and strategic technical direction of your squad. It’s a high-impact role with the ability to influence all parts of CookUnity. This role has both individual contributor responsibilities and leadership responsibilities, guiding the work of 2-3 engineers.
- Lead design and implementation of operations tools and supporting backend services.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
- Participate in and improve the code review process and help to mentor other engineers.
- Contribute code alongside your team, remove roadblocks, and help repair technical issues.
- Partner with members of other squads to continually refine and improve our product in an agile process.
You’re a great fit because you...
- are detail-oriented and care deeply about delivering small or large features with exceptional quality.
- can effectively balance resolving critical issues with making fundamental strategic investments.
- have a growth mindset and believe in setting ambitious goals and learning from both success and failure.
- are highly independent.
- have a strong ability to navigate ambiguity.
- enjoy the pace and ownership that comes with a startup environment.
and you have...
- developed apps using React Native.
- extensive experience using SQL and Relational Databases.
- designed and built systems following service oriented architecture patterns.
- deployed systems into an AWS environment.
- used feedback to improve the quality of your work and your team's work.
- implemented and maintained unit tests and integration tests.
- proactively identified opportunities to improve systems.
Health Insurance coverage.
Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly.
Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!