CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a seasoned Operations Manager responsible for defining the strategic operations within the functional areas of receiving, shipping, storage / distribution of goods, and logistics.
You'll be working along other teams such as Kitchen, Logistics, Tech and Customer Service to create and develop strong new processes to minimize errors and ensure maximum productivity. You'll be overseeing a growing team of hourly workers who picks and packs more than 100,000 orders per month. This is a new role so creativity, self-starter, and do-er attitude are characteristics that describe you.
- Lead a team of 25+ hourly employees providing them with necessary tools, proper training and quality direction
- Design and implement a solid and efficient process and procedures for essential warehouse functions (receiving, shipping, and distribution) to ensure high productivity
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Ensure compliance of health and safety policies
- 5+ years background in building/improving warehouse management
- Bilingual in Spanish language is a must.
- Comprehensive background in Production, Shipping, Receiving, and Warehousing
- Effective project management skills, well-versed in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma, APICS, Kaizen certification preferred)
- Efficient with Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Experience using large database and e-commerce framework (we use Magento)
- Healthcare: 75% of insurance cost
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits
- Gym reimbursement
- Nutritionist: 1 session per month with in house nutritionist.
- Paid time off
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!