CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're building our team in Chicago that will help us become more efficient, faster, and reliable to our customers. We're looking for hard-working, passionate team members and value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning and growing – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Who we are
CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we're elevating the at-home dining experience.
We are growing rapidly and looking for hard-working, passionate team members that will help us become more efficient, faster, and reliable to our customers.
We are always learning and growing – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we'd love to hear from you!
- Prepare CookUnity branded meals. This includes, but not limited to washing, chopping and cooking vegetables, slicing and portioning proteins and preparing sauces.
- Minimize food waste to prevent over production of menu items.
- Take inventory and FIFO ingredients
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary ingredients, tools, and equipment
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen by sanitizing surfaces, equipment, and tools, organizing storage areas, etc.
- Label and stock all ingredients so they can be stored and organized properly and easily accessible according to health code
- Ensure the quality of food production in line with our standard recipes
- 1-2 years of experience working in a kitchen environment
- Ability to work in a cold prep area kept at 35 degrees
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds without assistance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to speak Spanish is helpful
- Sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Competitive hourly rates
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Complimentary gym on property (Peloton, free weights, Hydro rower, and more!)
- Lunch served daily
- Opportunities for advancement
- Full-time, Part-time, and Overnight positions available
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!