CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a talented Android Engineer with proven experience developing Android apps that loves food, big challenges, and a powerful purpose; who can get things done in a high-impact, small teams Engineering organization.
Your Team - Android Squad
The Android Squad is responsible for creating, increasing and deepening the connection between our customers and our chefs. We want our subscribers to have an engaging native mobile experience to let them browse and find the meals they love anywhere.
The Android Squad is responsible for making this journey seamless and delightful. The team is part of the Engagement Zone which includes similar squads developing the iOS App, the Menu Experience and the Onboarding Experience.
The Role - Android Engineer
As an Android Engineer you will be reporting to the Tech Lead’s squad. You will be collaborating with 2-3 other engineers in your squad. You will be working in the development of new features with Product Managers and Product Designers.
You will succeed impacting the business by increasing the daily active users after giving eaters more reasons to come back to the app. To achieve this you will contribute with product designers to delight our customers through our user and customer experience.
You’re responsible for...
- develop a brand new mobile experience.
- ensure the scalability of the applications by writing clean code, applying design patterns and using good practices.
- participate in the code review process and help mentor other engineers.
- ensure the quality of the product by testing your code.
- remove roadblocks, and help repair technical issues while delivering practical solutions.
You're a great fit because you...
- are detail-oriented and care deeply about delivering small or large features with exceptional quality.
- can effectively balance resolving critical issues with making fundamental strategic investments.
- have a growth mindset and believe in setting ambitious goals and learning from both success and failure.
- are highly independent
- have a strong ability to navigate ambiguity
- enjoy the pace and ownership that comes with a startup environment
And you have…
- 4+ years developing native Android apps
- experience connecting Android apps with service-oriented architecture
- proactively identify opportunities to improve systems
- familiarity with continuous integration
- experience implementing and maintaining unit tests
- strong knowledge of different versions of Android, patterns, and best practices
- experience following Google Android UI principles and interface guidelines
- used feedback to improve the quality of your work and your team's work
- USD compensation.
- PTO: 15 business days + 16 National Holidays (Argentina).
- English lessons and meditation sessions.
- Company notebook.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Awesome opportunity to join a company who is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!