CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a Business Ops Manager that will monitor the organization’s functions and build processes that meet our business needs. Develop and utilize frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, drive visibility, and facilitate alignment. Ultimately, you will ensure that we maximize the ROI, making sure that all investments we do align well with the organization goals and strategy.
You will work cross-functionally across all business functions and act and operate as an internal consultant, working directly with multiple stakeholders, management, and various related departments to be able to optimize team performance. The role requires high analytical and problem solver skills, have experience on managing business operations and setting goals across the entire organization. You should also demonstrate great leadership skills and be able to communicate the vision of the company across all levels.
- Manage centralized repository of processes and improve processes to minimize complexities and optimize to promote effective operations.
- Create opportunities for synergies across the business ecosystem on topics such as developing business models, organizational design, cross-functional initiatives to drive long-term business sustainability.
- Develop and utilize frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, drive visibility, and facilitate alignment.
- Lead creation, identification, and insights of metrics to improve business performance and drive business actions.
- Partner with Finance and the business to manage, analyze and review organizational budgets, measure & track ROI, and reconcile and explain discrepancies.
- Support expansion team to explore new markets and business models through industry trends, historical trends, forward-looking forecasts, competitive assessment, etc.
- Coordinate with the HR department to ensure that our hiring plans meet our business needs and engage employees through meaningful training and growth opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Economics;
- MBA or Master in Finance
- +5 years of experience in consulting, corporate strategy or investment banking. +2 years of team leadership experience, with demonstrated success coaching team members.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Expert cross-functional partner, with success working with finance and OPS.
- Skeptical, curious, and analytical, comfortable with adopting a scientific approach to work.
- You enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are excited by the opportunity to grow into a leadership role as the company expands
- USD compensation
- 3 week vacation + national holidays
- Meditation & English lessons
- A generous amount of credits in a local Food Delivery service!
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!